Got my 5 % back even though cruise is fully paid!

basketballdad

So I couldn't find much documentation of status but found 2 old princess gold cards and a Marriott gold elite and sent info in and msc gave me gold and wife classic. So I called today and they gave us $200 credit back or so on our Deven be cruuse even though we paid in full months ago.

So go ahead and ask for it is what I learned. Also, because we booked in the USA this meditrain cruise automatically has free water in the dinning room without asking. 2 things I learned to ask for here at cruise critic. Thanks friends !

Me too. I had paid my cruise in full back in July for a November cruise. I found out about the Loyalty Match a couple of months later and received a 5% back refund. I am loving this MSC already. I'm a die-hard Carnival loyalist but I'm always willing to try new cruiselines but keep going back to Carnival. Tried Disney and was impressed with the cabin and food and the staff but was totally bored as Disney is geared more towards little girls. Tried NCL for a Mediterranean cruise, not enough activities on sea days or any evening for that matter. Enjoyed the ports of call in Italy, France and Spain, but not so much the free style cruising where nothing was free. Anyway, I am so excited for my 8 day MSC Divina cruise next week. I hope I will return, but don't mind going back to the Fun Ship Carnival.

So I couldn't find much documentation of status but found 2 old princess gold cards and a Marriott gold elite and sent info in and msc gave me gold and wife classic. So I called today and they gave us $200 credit back or so on our Deven be cruuse even though we paid in full months ago.

So go ahead and ask for it is what I learned. Also, because we booked in the USA this meditrain cruise automatically has free water in the dinning room without asking. 2 things I learned to ask for here at cruise critic. Thanks friends !

Good to know. Thanks.

'Free water in dining room'? Does that mean free bottle water?

Good for you.

Is that for active military only or any prior service ?

Active and retired:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Military-Discount-Rates.aspx

MILITARY

Our military discount includes active and retired military personnel, plus family members including spouses, parents, in-laws and dependent children. You can apply your discount to multiple staterooms. There are ZERO penalties for redeployment - 100% future cruise credit will be good for two years from cancellation (must be verified by a letter from a commanding officer). All you have to do is cancel no later than 15 days prior to the cruise departure.**

YOUR SPECIAL OFFER

• + 5% discount on Interior and Ocean View staterooms
  • + 10% off Balcony, Suite, and MSC Yacht Club (Deluxe Suites) staterooms
  • + Book multiple staterooms with your discount

• 2 weeks later...