Transportation from Greenwich Pier to St Pancras Station

My wife and I are booked on an Azamara cruise which ends in Greenwich on Sunday, June 17. We need to travel from the pier to St Pancras station to catch a 12:24 train to Paris. As we have 4 suitcases, I do not want to take public transportation. I’m not sure whether to use an Uber, taxi or car service. Which one would be most convenient? Also, the Azamara website states that passengers must debark no later than 9 am. When should I tell the driver to meet us at the pier? Thank you.

Edited by robert2
improper spacing

Also, the Azamara website states that passengers must debark no later than 9 am. When should I tell the driver to meet us at the pier?
If you were to meet the driver at 9.30 am (allowing half an hour to get off the ship and to the pier from that stated time), you'd still be at St Pancras a long time before you really need to be there. The trip shouldn't take more than an hour, and as it's Sunday morning, probably rather less than that. So I would personally be picking a later time rather than an earlier one.

I would pre-book a car from one of the well known London based companies like Blackberry. There is likely to be a bit of a scrum for Ubers and taxis as all the people leave the ship at the same time. Better to have your own driver waiting.

There are a lot worse places to have to hang around in than Paddington Station.

DSC_0661.jpg

HL_paddingtonbar02_47_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

If you were to meet the driver at 9.30 am (allowing half an hour to get off the ship and to the pier from that stated time), you'd still be at St Pancras a long time before you really need to be there. The trip shouldn't take more than an hour, and as it's Sunday morning, probably rather less than that. So I would personally be picking a later time rather than an earlier one.

I had the same problem last year. My husband is also in a wheelchair and we ordered a car service at http://www.bettertaxi.com. It was really OK. The driver was waiting for us and he was very helpful with everything. And in price there was no big difference to the others

My wife and I are booked on an Azamara cruise which ends in Greenwich on Sunday, June 17. We need to travel from the pier to St Pancras station to catch a 12:24 train to Paris. As we have 4 suitcases, I do not want to take public transportation. I’m not sure whether to use an Uber, taxi or car service. Which one would be most convenient? Also, the Azamara website states that passengers must debark no later than 9 am. When should I tell the driver to meet us at the pier? Thank you.

I had the same problem last year. My husband is also in a wheelchair and we ordered a car service at www.bettertaxi.com. It was really OK. The driver was waiting for us and he was very helpful with everything. And in price there was no big difference to the others

I would pre-book a car from one of the well known London based companies like Blackberry. There is likely to be a bit of a scrum for Ubers and taxis as all the people leave the ship at the same time. Better to have your own driver waiting.

There are a lot worse places to have to hang around in than Paddington Station.

DSC_0661.jpg

HL_paddingtonbar02_47_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

True Bob, but unfortunately they will not admire Brunel's masterpiece as they will be at St Pancras!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDe5IhDjiJtJwEKyr91g4jUS8PxSj1NZHFuxed1Ro6rwQJN8aHTw

Simon

I emailed Blackberry, and they only do "long distance" trips to and from airports. They won't take me to a train station. I also emailed bettertaxi.com. They were expensive because they wanted to use a van.

I forgot to mention that the ship arrives in Greenwich at 5 pm the day before disembarkation. I think I'm going to have Azamara guest relations help me book a local taxi when we arrive in port. I'll take the phone numbers with me. They should also have a better idea of the time and place for the pick up.

Thanks for all the prompt replies.

I emailed Blackberry, and they only do "long distance" trips to and from airports. They won't take me to a train station. I also emailed bettertaxi.com. They were expensive because they wanted to use a van.
You might want to try Commercial Cars, then. They're not Greenwich-based, but reasonably close by on the other side of the river. They're reliable, because a lot of the client base is the financial services industry in Canary Wharf. And they are not restrictive about where they will go. So they might be happy to do this for you.

Globaliser and Morgans, Thank you for your car service recommendations. However, before I saw your posts I googled car service in Greenwich and found Royal Borough Cars. I emailed them for a quote , which seemed like a fair price (£40 for an estate car), and the manager told me that they regularly pick up from the Greenwich pier. So, I went ahead and booked with them.

Robert Baker

Just googled them and their office is only a mile away, so you should have no problems. £40 is a great price too, and with an estate car you should have no problems with room for luggage. Worth a feedback on here after your cruise so we can pass their name on if they are good, especially as more cruises are using Greenwich.

Simon

Globaliser and Morgans, Thank you for your car service recommendations. However, before I saw your posts I googled car service in Greenwich and found Royal Borough Cars. I emailed them for a quote , which seemed like a fair price (£40 for an estate car), and the manager told me that they regularly pick up from the Greenwich pier. So, I went ahead and booked with them.

Robert Baker

Excellent- glad you are sorted.