Transportation from Haines dock to Kroschel Wildlife Center

puli

If your cruise ship does not offer a tour to the Kroschel Wildlife Center when in Haines is there any public transportation or a local tour that would take one there there?

If your cruise ship does not offer a tour to the Kroschel Wildlife Center when in Haines is there any public transportation or a local tour that would take one there there?

I would call them and ask.

DON

We will be there in a few weeks and rented a car and booked directly with the Wildlife Center. For 2 it was about the same price as the ship excursion and we have use of the car to see other parts of the area and can spend more time at the Center if we want to.

I always rent a car. Last few times, I just walked and picked up Avis.

I highly recommend driving the Haines Highway. Print out Murray's guide and take it with you.

Thanks but we don't drive when touring ,,,too busy looking!

• 1 month later...

Following this thread... our cruise (Princess) does off this shore excursion but it commences 10 minutes AFTER the bike tour down Klondike Summit gets back and they won't allow me to book - they spend the first 45 minutes doing a tour briefing and 150 yard walk to the ferry, surely they would allow us to join them! Have researched other options and driving hire car seems to be only way??? I would rather not drive if there is another option and have read the turnoff is difficult to find too. I like looking at the scenery, not worrying about getting lost and also not driving on the right side of the road - we Aussies drive on the left!) Is there any transport/tour options available independently? Is it better to Ferry to Haines and hire a car from there? Are there other passengers that want to travel 6th September that we could carpool or book a driver???

• 5 months later...

I just emailed them and got a response pretty quickly. He said they offer a shuttle service but it is $150 for 5 people so I'm assuming that it would be $30 a person no matter the size of the group.

Email them!! Steve (the owner) responded and answered all of my dumb questions!

Ps...we are going to rent a car. We got an SUV for $174 for the whole day (smaller car was $114) and plan to drive around Alaska some too but I understand wanting to look and not pay attention to driving!

I just emailed them and got a response pretty quickly. He said they offer a shuttle service but it is $150 for 5 people so I'm assuming that it would be $30 a person no matter the size of the group.

Email them!! Steve (the owner) responded and answered all of my dumb questions!

I wouldn't assume that. I'd rather assume that it's $150 for the shuttle, and it holds up to 5 people. That makes it $30pp if 5 but $150pp if 1. If I assumed that, and then found out it was simply $30pp, I'd be happy; if I assumed it was $30pp and ended up the only one on the shuttle and had to pay $150, I wouldn't be happy. I'd rather be happy.