How do I check for prices drops for my family of 5?

spmama

We just booked the Getaway for July 2015 (1 room for 5 ppl).... so excited... it's been about 8 years since cruising NCL.

I booked through my TA but don't want to constantly call for price updates. How can I check for price drops without calling the TA or NCL?

Edited by spmama

There is at least one website that you can check easily every day at no charge or sign up for a small fee and get email notices of price changes for a selected sailing and cabin category. Try a Google search for "how to monitor cruise prices

Edited by bakerintn

Did you like the 99 cent site? I'm a solo....wondering if it would be good for me?????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It worked well for us. My cruise last summer had exactly 1 price drop for about 3 hours one random day. I was alerted & jumped on it. Never changed again (lower), so it was worth it for us.

It worked well for us. My cruise last summer had exactly 1 price drop for about 3 hours one random day. I was alerted & jumped on it. Never changed again (lower), so it was worth it for us.

So what did you get for a 3 hr drop? I'm new to this! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just booked the Getaway for July 2015 (1 room for 5 ppl).... so excited... it's been about 8 years since cruising NCL.

I booked through my TA but don't want to constantly call for price updates. How can I check for price drops without calling the TA or NCL?

Isn't it part of the TA's job to inform his/her clients about this sort of thing? That's why I thought people used TA's (among other reasons.) We used a brick and mortar TA 7 years ago for our first cruise, and she called us when there was a price drop and we got a refund. She was, I guess, what you call a "full service" TA -- maybe online agencies don't provide this level of service... (Maybe nobody does any more?)

TA's at least the good ones, have software that automatically alerts them to all price drops so they can take advantage of them for their clients. I would just ask your TA, I'm sure they're probably monitoring it for you. There is also a free price monitor on iCruise dot com that will send alerts.

I also thought I did the cruise critic alter, but never get an email about my cruise , just general price changes - maybe I set it up wrong? When I used the 99 cent cruise fish website, it was for our POA cruise in 2013. I did not get any price drips, just saw it rise in price! For our getaway cruise, it did help me get one price adjustment for about $150 per cabin. I just like it for piece of mind that I am not missing some great deal. I don't really visit the site itself, but did just now, it is not a fancy site. But has a lot of interesting info for free. If you go there, click finder at top, pick Ncl, your ship and dat. It shows current prices and a list of recent changes. It also shows me what categories were sold out. It had the single price listed too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, you can sign up to be emailed if the price of a cruise you are looking at decreases. Sign up here. It really works well.

Thanks for the tip! I have been a CC member for a number of years and never knew about that! There is no doubt that I have not put enough time into finding out all the ways I could benefit from CC!