Riverside Hotel on Las Olas - 19 People Dinner in Walking Distance

js

Hi.

We will be a family of 19 staying at the Riverside Hotel, one night pre-cruise in August.

There will be 5 children ranging in ages from 11-15 up to my 72 year old mom.

Is there a place in walking distance (needs to be very close for my mom to walk) that I can call and make a reservation for the 19 of us for dinner and perhaps talk to the manager and get a room and/or a pre-fix meal/drinks? We want casual where we can all relax, eat and drink.

Also, should I just focus my attention on just staying onsite at the Riverside and dining there?

Is there a place close by I can walk and pick up some beer/wine for our day/night at Riverside?

Thanks all so much!

Big City Tavern across the street would be perfect. Excellent food and they can certainly handle 19 people. Ask for Jason the GM.

I don't know your budget but next door is Cheesecake Factory and they would be cheaper and also good. Ask for Darius the GM.

The restaurant at the hotel which also sits out on the porch is pretty good as well. The hotel also handles weddings etc so they should be able to handle a large group as well. Then you are only going down to lobby area. As far as alcohol we walked to like a Walgreen but it was a few blocks down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I just remembered the Riverside is opening a waterfront Restaurant/Bar sometime. It was supposed to be open by last summer so maybe it is closer now?

Adam is the GM at Louie Bossi (my family is in the business and it is a very small world which is how I know every manager on Las Olas).

If you use Google maps, locate the Riverside and then search for nearby restaurants. That's what I do in a new area, then I research the restaurants I'm interested in

In this case the restaurants mentioned by the "experts" are indeed great choices and fit the needs of the poster. No need to look further. :D

Thank you all very much! I appreciate all the responses.

I'm going to look at Louie Bossi, Big City Tavern and the Boathouse. We need to be

close and easy walking for my mom. The Boathouse looks great on the Riverside website, do you think it will be casual enough dress wise for us to go in shorts/shirts? I do not want to get dressed for a dinner the night before our cruise.

Thank you so much!

Thank you all very much! I appreciate all the responses.

I'm going to look at Louie Bossi, Big City Tavern and the Boathouse. We need to be

close and easy walking for my mom. The Boathouse looks great on the Riverside website, do you think it will be casual enough dress wise for us to go in shorts/shirts? I do not want to get dressed for a dinner the night before our cruise.

Thank you so much!

Yes, nice shorts and shirts are fine, especially since August is very hot and humid. Not beach wear though ...

Yes, nice shorts and shirts are fine, especially since August is very hot and humid. Not beach wear though ...

Definitely not beach wear. Even though we are only two miles from the beach, the restaurants tend to be dressier and it is very common to see men in suits on Friday and Saturday night.

Every once in a while you see people in bathing suits on Las Olas and they look completely out of place.

To the OP, dressy shorts are fine.

Perfect. Thank you. I'll call this week and see what they can do for our group.

Thank you!

Boathouse at the Riverside is scheduled for a soft opening the beggining of March! Should be in full operation for my April stay!

We were sitting with the new GM of the restaurant last night at Big City and he is shooting for next week.

Please keep us updated on the opening. I'd love to see some pictures if possible, thank you in advance!

Will do! The hubs and I take a class at The Broward Center on Tuesday nights and walk home that way. This restaurant is actually on the street behind Las Olas on The New River. Should be fab for Winterfest Boat Parade.

• 2 weeks later...