Carnival Magic for families

time4agetaway

Hi there! My family is thinking about booking the Carnival Magic this summer--balcony cabin. There will be 4 of us traveling (2 adults and 2 kids, ages 14 and 7). My husband and I have been on many cruises, but none in almost 10 years.

Is this a good ship for families? How is the food? I am gluten free, so that is also a concern.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Edited by time4agetaway

Love the Magic! That was all my girls first cruise. They still talk about it today. They were never bored. Lots to do. Excellent water slides and play area. I felt like there was always a place to sit. I, personally, didn’t think there was any excessive crowding like I’ve noticed on other ships. However, it could have also been the time of year we went (end of April/beginning of May).

My kids actually prefer pizza, deli, Guys, or the buffet:o:rolleyes: over the dining room so we only visit a couple times.

Thanks for the feedback! My daughter and oldest son (17) have been on 3 cruises (2007, 2008, 2009), but my youngest has never been, so we want to make sure it's a good ship for him. My daughter was 5.5 the last time we cruised, so she barely remembers it. My oldest won't be joining us as he will be starting college. (Hard to believe it's been so long since we cruised!)

I will probably book this. It looks like there are a lot of fun activities for my 7 year old. Hopefully, by the time we go, St. Thomas will be in better shape than it is now!

We just got off the Magic yesterday with our 9 year old granddaughter. This was her 11th cruise spread out over three cruise lines and always either at spring break or Thanksgiving. She loved the Magic. She put up a little resistance about going to Camp Ocean as she thought she wanted to spend time with the adults but every time she went she had a really great time and talked about all the fun she had there. She really enjoyed the water slides, put put golf and the ropes course. She is not adventurous on land but the sea air makes her much more brave to try new things. Since this was Thanksgiving week the ship was near capacity but the wait for the slides and ropes course were not too bad. I think your kids will have a great time on any cruise but the Magic is a very good option.

The hubby and I were on the Magic spring break of this year and we loved it so much, that we booked a family cruise that leaves next Saturday. This will

Be cruise number 15 for me and the first time (other than a B2B in 2009) that I've repeated a ship because I like exploring. The layout and activities were perfect though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on her last year, with 13 & 14 year old boys (our son and our friends who went, their son). We liked it, the boys had a great time. I will say I definitely felt the crowd when it came to sea days, like not being able to find one, single deck chair anywhere near any pool. But, we still had a great time. I can't answer the gluten free question though, but if you search you might find some ideas or suggestions. I'd sail her again!

Oh, and if you weren't aware, an option on boarding day is the Cucina del Capitano. Most people go to the Lido deck for the buffet. It's free for lunch, any day it's open, but on embarkation day, it was pretty empty!

Hi there! My family is thinking about booking the Carnival Magic this summer--balcony cabin. There will be 4 of us traveling (2 adults and 2 kids, ages 14 and 7). My husband and I have been on many cruises, but none in almost 10 years.

Is this a good ship for families? How is the food? I am gluten free, so that is also a concern.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks! :D[/quot

Being that we've cruised on both the Breeze and Dream with our 2 girls and in 4 weeks the Magic, they all have something for every age on all the larger ships. Also as a side note we cruised with family members from ages 3 to ages 72 on the sunshine that ship also had something for everyone. My bestfriend who had severe Celiac Disease cruised with us as well. She informed the Agent when she called and booked the cruise, and made sure it was noted in her cruise documents as well. Once we were seated in the MDR she informed our head Waiter who did a great job every evening going over the following nites dinner menu this way it gave the kitchen heads up for the following day. Never once during the cruise did my friend have any issues and as i said she has severe Celiac, and this was eating every where on the ship. Just make sure you let them know, I know there are alot of different options as its more common than not now.

Thank you all for your responses! I called Carnival and spoke with them about my Celiac Disease. They were very helpful and put it on the reservation. We have officially booked this cruise for Aug 2018!! Woohoo!! I haven't been on a cruise since 2009! I can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for your responses! I called Carnival and spoke with them about my Celiac Disease. They were very helpful and put it on the reservation. We have officially booked this cruise for Aug 2018!! Woohoo!! I haven't been on a cruise since 2009! I can't wait!!!

I'm currently on the Magic and have celiacs. They have good gluten free bread. Be careful of the sauces and soups. You can order lots in the MDR plain or without sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums