Flight time after Escape

KEG21552

is it feasible to have a 11:30 flight out of La Guardia after disembarking Escape? I don’t want any stress so I guess my question is 90% of the time is this fairly routine?

First time sailing from NYC

Thanks in advance

Karen

It depends on when the cruise ship is allowed to dock and to allow cruisers to be off the cruise ship. The cruise ship can also be delayed due to weather or other issues. But normally, it would be docked like 8 am and if you do the self walk off, it is possible. But I would advise you to change your flight to the afternoon/evening.

is it feasible to have a 11:30 flight out of La Guardia after disembarking Escape? I don’t want any stress so I guess my question is 90% of the time is this fairly routine?

First time sailing from NYC

Thanks in advance

Karen

In all the ports I've sailed out of, I would say an 11:30 am flight would be fine. However, I have not sailed out of NY (although I am in the city frequently on business, flying in and out of La Guardia), and I have read here and elsewhere that there are often delays to disembarkation at the NY port.

While it's true that there is massive on-going construction at LGA, I have still never had any problems getting there reasonably quickly in a taxi or Uber.

If you simply don't want any stress, then book a later flight.

Your post mentions "stress". Are you willing to self debark as soon as available? Can you easily manage your luggage? Are you going to have transportation arranged?

I certainly would consider it, made a 10:30a flight in the past year. BUT, I have no concern with missing any flights. What would your back up plan be?

Just returned May 27 and had NCL transfer to LGA. Did not arrive at airport until about 11:00 am. We were told not to book flight within five hours of ship arrival time. The bus ride was about 35 - 40 minutes once we left the pier.

After going through customs, you will need to find an NFL representative in a yellow vest. This was honestly one of the most disorganized event of the entire cruise. No one seemed to actually know where to send us. We were first sent upstairs, then told to go back downstairs. Then had to find someone to tell us where to go for the bus.