Cozumel question?

Yazoo cruiser

Taking the grand kids to Cozumel in December and my 7 year old told me all she wanted to do was go to the beach and find seashells. Probably been there at least 20 times but have no idea which beach would be the best for a 7 year old to find seashells. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Grandpa can't dissapoint his little sweetie. Thanks for any help.

I was just reading through the website the other day and came across this about items that can be brought onboard : "seashells may be brought onboard from the ports visited if they appear to be clean and sanitized and do not have the odor of a living organism. " maybe the small ones or flat ones that are washed out would be best. I found this in the faqs online at carnival.com under items that can be brought onboard under exceptions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taking the grand kids to Cozumel in December and my 7 year old told me all she wanted to do was go to the beach and find seashells. Probably been there at least 20 times but have no idea which beach would be the best for a 7 year old to find seashells. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Grandpa can't dissapoint his little sweetie. Thanks for any help.
The best beach for seashells, coral, sponges, etc... would be El Mirador beach. It is on the opposite side of the island from San Miguel, but a fairly short taxi ride. The beach is rugged in many spots with blow holes and a natural arch, but there are some sandy areas. We were just there about three weeks ago and I was amazed how the beach was strown with shells, sponges, and coral. You wouldn't be able to take the sponges back on the ship. They smell. But pieces of white coral are relatively clean as are some of the shells.