July 2018 Jade Cruises Disappear

Alegeeter

I've been tracking the prices of several Jade itineraries to the Fjords the last few weeks and they seem to have disappeared this morning. Does anyone know why? Is it a glitch or are they changing the sailings for one reason or another?

Looking at our online travel agency's website I see that three of the Fjords cruises are stated as sold out, including the one we have booked. But I don't think that's true, it happens once in a while and one or two days later they are bookable again.

I hope they have not been chartered :/ I was hoping to go on the 6 day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sure hope not since we are booked on the 22nd July cruise :)

But if I log in to myNCL everything is still there.

Could be partial charter. Last year on the two week sailing for the Jade Iceland, Norway and British isles we were on it was showing good availability in all categories and actually had some price drops which would indicate that plenty of staterooms were available. Almost a full year prior to sailing it sold out over night. I suspected a charter and sure enough there was actually 3 separate charter groups onboard. Two large groups mainland China and one smaller (around 350) from Hong Kong. Just prior to sailing they opened booking back up in mostly gt rates. Pricing was much higher for last available rooms. I assume they were leftovers the charter didn’t sell.

Should this be the case on your sailing I would suggest not expecting to get off ship in port first thing. Charter passengers on our sailing were very early to bed and early to rise. You may also think about spending a little extra on a full dining package and enjoy the speciality venues. Large charter groups can be a little overwhelming In mdr and buffet if they all plan on eating at the same time. Basically if there’s some charter groups on the sailing it’s a much more pleasant experience if you are not trying to do the same thing at the same time they are. Adjust your schedule around theirs and you should still have a wonderful vacation.

No real way to know if your sailing is a partial charter until you get on board.

Just saw in one of the Roll Calls that the sailing was cancelled so it does seem more likely that it was chartered by some group. It's really disappointing because these sailings are few and far between. Making all of the week long sailings in July unavailable and only leaving a couple in August plus a longer 9-day one is disappointing.

I really hope that our cruise on July 22nd won't be cancelled! At least we didn't book a flight for this one since we live in Hamburg. I don't have any experiences with the cruiselines cancelling a cruise. Do they offer something instead?

changes are always bad, but did the 12 night last year, was a great cruise.

NCL offered us to change to one of the two now new cruises but we expect a little bit more than 10 % discount and 25 $ OBC.

They also offered that we could change to the 7-nights Fjords cruise in August and keep our price. Yes, nice.. Our original cruise was 8 nights.

Can I ask where you saw these changes? I looked at NCL.com and another online TA and both show nothing for The Jade to Norway.

Our TA sent us the official email they received from NCL but now the new cruises are bookable on their page. It's a German website but I justed looked on their English partnersite and there it is also. I am not allowed to post the name here

Our TA sent us the official email they received from NCL but now the new cruises are bookable on their page. It's a German website but I justed looked on their English partnersite and there it is also. I am not allowed to post the name here

Thanks, I checked last night before going to bed ( I am in Germany too), and it wasn't there. I will take a look now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of the posters in the July 30 roll call posted that their cruise was cancelled and they were told that the three cancelled 6/7/8-Night itineraries were replaced with the following 9 and 12 night:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NorwegianJade-NorwegianFjord-ItinChanges-July2018.pdf

I don't see these available yet on NCL.com but I hope they will be posted shortly.

They cancelled the cruise. I was just notified by my travel agenda. Not happy about it. Only an August option of 7-days.

So sorry. Celebrity canceled our November cruise and offered no comparable replacement as our cruise was a one of a kind itinerary (hope the Austrian doctors had a good time on MY cruise). Had to book a totally different cruise to go with the land tour we booked at a much higher cost.

Hate when this happens to anybody on any line. Kind of makes me try (hard for me) not to plan way ahead of time. And yours is canceled relatively late in my opinion!!

My family and I also were booked on this 7/22 cruise. What a hassle, we were tied into those dates working around my now adult exchange students' work schedules. We did rebook for the Epic western Mediterranean. Our original flights were in and out of Hamburg. Now we have added round trip to Barcelona and back and then off to visit in Berlin and Stuttgart. Many more travel days.

My family and I also were booked on this 7/22 cruise. What a hassle, we were tied into those dates working around my now adult exchange students' work schedules. We did rebook for the Epic western Mediterranean. Our original flights were in and out of Hamburg. Now we have added round trip to Barcelona and back and then off to visit in Berlin and Stuttgart. Many more travel days.

:( What a mess! Did NCL give you any compensation for the flights? But I am sure that you will have a wonderful trip!