Cozumel cruise excursions private jeep

Luv2cruz1000

We are considering the private jeep and either just the jeep or catamaran and private jeep tour. We are wondering about driving in Cozumel. I assumed that the tour guide rode with you but when I inquired they said you followed them. ( new regulations?)Any opinions on the private jeep tour appreciated. Also if you did this tour where did you choose to go.

The tour is with shoreexcursioner.com

Edited by Luv2cruz1000
Wrong company

We just rented a Jeep from Ernesto’s Rentals. $60 for the day. Driving in the town of San Miguel is about the only place where you’ll find any traffic. The rest of the island is pretty much traffic free and wide open roads. We checked out the hotel area north of the airport and then made a stop at the Ruins of San Gervasio. We then drove to the other side of the island and made another stop at Chen Rio Beach which is postcard beautiful, and blissfully free of crowds and cruise passengers. Only a handful of locals and tourists but otherwise we had the beach to ourselves. We stopped at a beachside restaurant where we enjoyed some local cuisine. We then followed the road and completed a loop around the entire island (can’t really get lost as there’s only one main road).

If we ever go back to Cozumel, we will most likely do this again. It was a great and affordable way to see Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 8:54 PM, Luv2cruz1000 said:

We are considering the private jeep and either just the jeep or catamaran and private jeep tour. We are wondering about driving in Cozumel. I assumed that the tour guide rode with you but when I inquired they said you followed them. ( new regulations?)Any opinions on the private jeep tour appreciated. Also if you did this tour where did you choose to go.
The tour is with shoreexcursioner.com

We booked with  https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumel/cozumel-jeep-adventure-excursion/ and we drove our own jeep and followed the guide.  We considered renting our own but we were concerned that if we had any problems, flat tire, or if the jeep broke down, we could miss the ship departure. We loved this as we drove but had someone that knew the best places to go and saw so much of cozumel!!!

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, TMR2 said:

We booked with  https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumel/cozumel-jeep-adventure-excursion/ and we drove our own jeep and followed the guide.  We considered renting our own but we were concerned that if we had any problems, flat tire, or if the jeep broke down, we could miss the ship departure. We loved this as we drove but had someone that knew the best places to go and saw so much of cozumel!!!

I just checked out the link.  This looks like EXACTLY what we need in Cozumel.  It will be our 4th time there, and we wanted to do more than just a beach or snorkel.

Were the jeeps automatic?  Or manual?  I can drive a stick shift, but I think I am the only one out of all of the adults, and there’s a total of eleven traveling together.