Tigre Delta DIY

TMLAalum

Has anyone visited this area independently? If so, what tips might you have. We have until @4:30 pm before we need to board the Eclipse on March 11th and can leave fairly early that morning since we board the previous day.

Thanks!

We took a ship excursion because it was easier, and the ship left BA the same afternoon as the boat ride. So we did not have to worry about getting back before 1:00 PM. Once you get there it should be no problem getting a ticket to ride the boat. However getting there may be a pain. It is quite a ways away from the port. I have no idea how much a taxi ride would cost RT. If I was to do it again I would probably do it through a private tour company or the ship just to avoid the hassles.

• 2 weeks later...

We did it ourselves since we were in BA for several days. If you go in the morning you can easily be back in town by mid afternoon.

There is a commuter train to Tigre. We took the subway to the train station, then jumped on the the commuter train. Trip was about 20-30 minutes. We walked around for a little while and then took one of the delta boat tours that was recommended on tripadvisor. It was very enjoyable. We returned mid afternoon.

The commuter trains run very frequently. This is a trip that can very easily be done on your own. You certainly do not need to take a ships tour for this one.

The boat trip was mildly interesting. Good commentary on the boat. It was a warm day, we enjoyed it. Would we do it again. I doubt it. But....we probably would have been disappointed had we paid big bucks for a cruise ship excursion. Walking around the town, prior to getting on the boat was a nice diversion.

The boat trip was mildly interesting. Good commentary on the boat. It was a warm day, we enjoyed it. Would we do it again. I doubt it. But....we probably would have been disappointed had we paid big bucks for a cruise ship excursion. Walking around the town, prior to getting on the boat was a nice diversion.

Thanks. You’ve helped me decide to not do the boat tour. We’ve done several boat tours in deltas, on rivers, etc. and our cruise will do the Amazon....should get plenty of rivers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to know it's not difficult to DIY. Not sure if we will head to the Delta or not because we arrive in B.A. the morning of March 7th (HoHo is the plan), then we leave for Igauzu on the 8th returning the 9th. Sunday the 10th we will attend morning Mass, then board the Eclipse with the afternoon free to explore B.A. I don't want to miss any B.A. highlights since we are unlikely t return there, but am unsure what is a must-see there.

Good to know it's not difficult to DIY. Not sure if we will head to the Delta or not because we arrive in B.A. the morning of March 7th (HoHo is the plan), then we leave for Igauzu on the 8th returning the 9th. Sunday the 10th we will attend morning Mass, then board the Eclipse with the afternoon free to explore B.A. I don't want to miss any B.A. highlights since we are unlikely t return there, but am unsure what is a must-see there.

There are outdoor markets in Recoleta, San Telmo and Mataderos on Sundays. Mataderos is a good ways from the city center but The other two are close to the city center. Both will have crafts, food and street entertainers. San Telmo is the oldest and best established of the two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your time is limited I would skip it. We were on a land trip of SA and had lots of time in BA prior to our cruise. It actually made for a slow paced day and a get away from the city. Plus it was so very easy to do this on our own, to have the freedom to return when we wanted, and not have any shopping stops.