Video of Carnival Single's Cat.1a Cabin 1426

Wennfred

For those interested in what a Single's cabin looks like, this is the video of cabin 1426. This cabin is a Cat.1a cabin and it is located aft on the portside of the ship. We booked this cabin for Cathy, my Mother-in-Law. She loved it, it was also her first cruise. She told me that this cabin was very quiet and it also has everything you need including the new LCD T.V. This cabin was also decorated and since someone just asked about ordering the Solid Chocolate Ship as a gift, you will see it here. This cabin also has another bed up in the ceiling for another person.

This cabin here was onboard Carnival Freedom but its pretty much the same on all Conquest or Destiny Class ships.

Although I took pictures also, I wanted to release this video now as it pretty much shows it all.

Fred

I didn't know cabins existed with one (twin/full) bed? How many of the newer ships have these types of cabins? Do they charge you for one person?

These is a hidden bed right above it in the ceiling for an additional person. These are Inside Cat.1a cabins with no windows. All ships have them and yes the Single rate is something like 150% more.

Fred

Thanks Fred for the video. I will be in a 1a in December on Fasination and this gives me a good Idea what it will look like.

They do a good job setting these cabins up for a single passenger.

Fred

• 3 months later...

Thanks Fred.

I was looking to book a 1A on the Valor in November but all the 1A's became sold out. With final payment closing in, room 1426 popped up yesterday. I did a google search and found this thread. It convinced me that it would be OK to book this cabin. Thanks!

Lucky though, the rate was a bit lower than when i quoted it back in early July.

Thanks Fred.

I was looking to book a 1A on the Valor in November but all the 1A's became sold out. With final payment closing in, room 1426 popped up yesterday. I did a google search and found this thread. It convinced me that it would be OK to book this cabin. Thanks!

Lucky though, the rate was a bit lower than when i quoted it back in early July.

This is a very nice cabin, it was also my Mother in Laws first cabin ever and she really enjoyed it.

Fred

As always you do good work. I never get my fill of watching and seeing these cabins. We have 2216 booked on conquest, that I havent seen, but seen similar on other ships.

thanks a bunch fred.

I got this room too as a upgrade. This is for Dec 6th /09 Valor. Would love to see pictures!

Charleyann

• 2 years later...
For those interested in what a Single's cabin looks like, this is the video of cabin 1426. This cabin is a Cat.1a cabin and it is located aft on the portside of the ship. We booked this cabin for Cathy, my Mother-in-Law. She loved it, it was also her first cruise. She told me that this cabin was very quiet and it also has everything you need including the new LCD T.V. This cabin was also decorated and since someone just asked about ordering the Solid Chocolate Ship as a gift, you will see it here. This cabin also has another bed up in the ceiling for another person.

This cabin here was onboard Carnival Freedom but its pretty much the same on all Conquest or Destiny Class ships.

Although I took pictures also, I wanted to release this video now as it pretty much shows it all.

Fred

Hi there. I know this is really late, but I am thinking about reserving this cabin on the glory for my kids while we get a nearby ocean view one. Would you mind posting your pictures as well? Thanks!

Archived