Anyone have a gluten free menu from Solstice?

Purifyer

My wife can’t eat anything with wheat. I’ve read here (and seen pictures) that there is GF desserts at the buffet but I have no idea what the kitchen offers for this allergy in the dinning rooms or around the ship. Anyone have this condition and have any pictures of a menu? Thanks.

I am a gluten free cruiser. There are several gf options for desserts at various restaurants across the ship, including the MDR. Of note: they have creme brûlée every night!

There are even gf macaroons (the ooey gooey coconut ones not the French kind) at Cafe Al Bacio.

Happy gf cruising!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As noted, there is not a specific GF menu, but each menu in the MDR does note GF options with a symbol. On our last cruise, the chef would come to our table each evening to go over GF choices for dinner the next evening. There was even a GF bread basket offering! I am much more suspicious of buffet items and mainly stick to choices that are pretty safe bets.

To put your mind at ease (regarding cross-contamination), there is a completely separate kitchen area for preparation of diet-restricted items (we took a kitchen tour that was fascinating).

Be sure to notify Celebrity prior to cruising so they can note your wife's dietary restrictions.

Thanks everyone! My wife misses getting bread with her meals. Glad to hear they’ve got her meals covered.

I have taken my own bread in the past but I don’t feel I need to do that anymore. I just bring my own hot sauce now :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also will adapt recipes to make a gf variant if given advance notice the night before. For instance, the Baked Onion Soup contains bread underneath the layer of cheese, but they can make it without the bread if requested.

Thanks everyone! My wife misses getting bread with her meals. Glad to hear they’ve got her meals covered.

In the buffet they had Canyon Bakehouse GF bread and a separate toaster. We ate mostly in Luminae and they had muffins and bread every morning for my Mother, she really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

please check the menus (Silhouette) on my Flickr page. They date from mid-February. At the bottom of each page, icons denote the different allergy.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbAQFfA

Please note that the menu change oftern but this should give you a very good idea. One in our party is Celiac and everything turned OK. :-)

Thank you! Nice to know they care.

I am going to add another opinion to my previous post. Although we had exceptional service with GF dining on the Reflection, our current experience is dismal! We are in a suite on the Summit, so dining in Luminae (were in MD on Reflection). I informed the waiter I was GF (also noted on reservation). I was handed the regular menu and he gave me two choices from the menu for an entree and the salad for an appetizer. I asked if they were prepared separately and he said no but they are GF. I requested a menu from the MD and ordered GF from that. I requested GF bread and was brought a slice of toast. The only dessert option was Creme Brûlée (in the MD there was always a nice selection). As we left I was handed the Luminae menu for the next evening and asked to preorder. At breakfast this morning they proudly presented my me with “Danish” that were GF - I usually do not complain about food but the Danish was a hard cornbread, a dollop of jam in the center. It was completely inedible. I am completely baffled! Our poor assistant server went up to the buffet and brought me down GF muffins that were a bit better. I asked if one of the egg dishes could be prepared GF and was assured it could, so I ordered it. My body is telling me that was probably not wise. I think I will stick to the buffet where I can make my own choices and hope there is no cross-contamination. I am not choosing to be gluten free as a fad or whim. It is medically necessary with severe consequences if I invest gluten. I am hoping to speak with someone later today as I am now very concerned about our upcoming trips. Maybe a suite is not a good idea. I wonder how Blu handles it?

I am going to add another opinion to my previous post. Although we had exceptional service with GF dining on the Reflection, our current experience is dismal! We are in a suite on the Summit, so dining in Luminae (were in MD on Reflection). I informed the waiter I was GF (also noted on reservation). I was handed the regular menu and he gave me two choices from the menu for an entree and the salad for an appetizer. I asked if they were prepared separately and he said no but they are GF. I requested a menu from the MD and ordered GF from that. I requested GF bread and was brought a slice of toast. The only dessert option was Creme Brûlée (in the MD there was always a nice selection). As we left I was handed the Luminae menu for the next evening and asked to preorder. At breakfast this morning they proudly presented my me with “Danish” that were GF - I usually do not complain about food but the Danish was a hard cornbread, a dollop of jam in the center. It was completely inedible. I am completely baffled! Our poor assistant server went up to the buffet and brought me down GF muffins that were a bit better. I asked if one of the egg dishes could be prepared GF and was assured it could, so I ordered it. My body is telling me that was probably not wise. I think I will stick to the buffet where I can make my own choices and hope there is no cross-contamination. I am not choosing to be gluten free as a fad or whim. It is medically necessary with severe consequences if I invest gluten. I am hoping to speak with someone later today as I am now very concerned about our upcoming trips. Maybe a suite is not a good idea. I wonder how Blu handles it?

Don't leave it to the waiter. Talk to the Maitre D' as well as the chef. My wife has Celiac Disease and we just disembarked Millennium earlier this week where she dined in Luminae for the past 14 days with no problems whatsoever. They took special note of her Celiac disease and commented that they would ensure there was no cross contamination with gluten products for any food item prepared for her.

Don't leave it to the waiter. Talk to the Maitre D' as well as the chef. My wife has Celiac Disease and we just disembarked Millennium earlier this week where she dined in Luminae for the past 14 days with no problems whatsoever. They took special note of her Celiac disease and commented that they would ensure there was no cross contamination with gluten products for any food item prepared for her.

Yes, as MMofB stated talk to the Maitre D’, we were aboard Equinox in January and ate breakfast and most dinners in Luminae and my Mother who is celiac had nothing but spectacular service. On the second morning one of the kitchen staff came to our table to talk to her and see what she would like in the morning and reassured her he would see that all was taken care of, and it was! I think it’s really important that they understand and must be discussed with someone other than the waiter. We really had such an enjoyable dining experience.

I have a feeling that there was a huge changeover of staff in Fort Lauderdale prior to this sailing. I know the waitstaff is tiring very hard to please, but for a chef to even prepare those “Danish” was inexcusable.

On a, more positivenote, my new favorite find is the Spa Cafe. Menu is posted and clearly labeled as GF. Lots of choices and the staff was knowledgeable. I even had oatmeal cookies. Made for one happy day!

Glad to hear others have had positive experiences with a GF diet. Guess I’ve just hit a glitch.

• 4 months later...

Cruises gluten free in January with my husband and my six kids. I was the only one needing a GF menu. We had every dinner in the MDR. I noted this on my reservation. It was paid attention to. First night the Maitré D came to our table explained everything. He was the one to bring me the menu for the next night. Almost anything on the menu could be adjusted to GF. They never said no. One night I said I would love to have chocolate cake for dessert. The next night a chocolate cake had been made for me and they packed the extra for me to take. It was nice to have a bread basket with dinner. I was initially skeptical of the buffet but staff always brought someone else out to answer a question or go make that item to ensure no cross contamination. The pizza guy got to know me and he did a great job. I was worried being first GF cruise and it was zero problem! I had probably the best service of any of my Celebrity Cruises. November we have a quick 4 night run away from the kids and will be Aqua Spa so it will be my first time trying GF on Blu. Hope it goes just as well. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums