Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:34 PM.
BC
178 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Not sure, but most fares listed on the Canadian site now in in a .75 cents. Does that mean the exchange rate moved to 1.25?

Don
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario, Canada
1,793 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Mud_Shark
Not sure, but most fares listed on the Canadian site now in in a .75 cents. Does that mean the exchange rate moved to 1.25?

Don
That's the way I see it. I got my upcoming cruise that ended in .80 cents and when my TA had my US Future Cruise Credit refunded to my CC and took out a Cdn FCC it cost me $240 Cdn for the $200 US

Earlier this week the Cdn prices changed to the 1.25 conversion.
Oakville, ON
2,543 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Yes, but Princess is annoying as many fares end in other goofy amounts, so just round up to $0.75 or round the CAD amount to nearest $. Lord knows why they just can't convert ALL the USD prices consistently. And it would be nice to allow a currency selector as well, but that suggestion falls on deaf ears.

It's a fair exchange rate for current CAD situation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
1. Island Princess - 60-night Grand South America, Jan 24/18.
2. Majestic Princess - 13-night NZ (out of SYD) - March, 2019 (We'll see...booked w/Cyber Sale)
Oakville, ON
2,543 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
BTW folks... with an exchange of 1.25, some prices will legitimately end in $0.25 or $0.50 and most others in $0.75. Anything else is some kind of wacky rounding or Princess price play because all of their USD prices are even dollar amounts, most of which end in "9" and sometimes "4". Port charges add-on can end in anything, often 5 or 0. It's just math, but a bit of a pain. Or pull up a US travel site alongside the Princess window and you get all the USD prices.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
1. Island Princess - 60-night Grand South America, Jan 24/18.
2. Majestic Princess - 13-night NZ (out of SYD) - March, 2019 (We'll see...booked w/Cyber Sale)