Drinks with meals

magpieman

Another newbie question for you good folk who have been there and done it.

We are on the Ventura in June and have booked Freedom Dining.

At meal times I realise we have to pay for drinks but can you tell me if we can buy wine by the glass or small carafe, there are only two of us and a bottle would be too much.

Also what sort of prices can we expect to pay?

Another newbie question for you good folk who have been there and done it.

We are on the Ventura in June and have booked Freedom Dining.

At meal times I realise we have to pay for drinks but can you tell me if we can buy wine by the glass or small carafe, there are only two of us and a bottle would be too much.

Also what sort of prices can we expect to pay?

I take it you a toon magpie?

Yes and yes, the prices are pub or better, and if you want a good wine they will keep it for you for the next night. But I am not sure how this works with freedom.

Wine is £12 upwards per bottle.

Gan canny hinny,

Dai

We have done freedom dining with Princess and P&O and they are happy to save your unfinished bottles until the next evening, you just need to let them know when you sit down for dinner that you have a bottle already opened. We have never had any problems.

You can buy wine by the glass, 175ml and 250ml, and the unit price is very little different than buying by the bottle. If you have an unfinished bottle they will keep it for you, even in freedom dining.

Brian

I think it more likely he is an original Magpie, being that he comes from Nottingham and County being the oldest league club :D

Absolutely right Glenndale, the original magpies Notts County (although originally I believe they were the Lambs).

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

Magpie

As you are a wine drinker, don't forget to pack a winebox for cabin/Balcony if you have one ... its allowed, fits in the cabin fridge and works out about £1 a glass and on tap!!;)

Thanks for that, good idea. :cool:

(Little ol' wine drinker me) :D

Good tip :) how much booze can you get away with taking on board for consumption in the cabin? A wine box and another bottle of spirits does this seem reasonable? Also is it best to take this on in hand luggage, to avoid breakages etc.? Thanks :)

It isn't worth taking on spirits, you'll be able to buy a bottle cheaper on board than you can in Tesco. But officially there isn't a limit - we usually take a couple of wine boxes for a 2 week cruise, some tonic and some juice boxes for the children. With the wine boxes I tape over the bit with the spout so it can't come out of the box, then seal them in a bin bag for the journey.

Good tip :) how much booze can you get away with taking on board for consumption in the cabin? A wine box and another bottle of spirits does this seem reasonable? Also is it best to take this on in hand luggage, to avoid breakages etc.? Thanks :)

Thanks very much sounds good to me :) strangely enough I was thinking of taking tonic because I drink it with the cheap wine before dinner :) let alone the Gin! ;) I think I might just do a small case with the boxes in tonic and a few bits and bobs good idea re taping over the boxes.

Archived