Volendam - Vista Cabins

petez

I've read that a lot of the Vista cabins on Volendam are noisy - Deck 6 noise from below and Deck 7 noise from above.

I'd be grateful for any views from anyone with past experience of Vista cabins on either Deck 6 or 7 and any recomendations.

Thanks

Although I have never stayed in these cabins, I am very familiar with the public decks below/above them, and might help by giving you some direction on where to look.

On Veranda Deck, you can book on starboard side over the Explorers Lounge, or dining room, and expect quiet. Music in the Explorers Lounge ends early (generally by 10:00, or so), and there is nothing to generate noise during the day. The dining room never gets very loud, and is practically empty by 10:00. Port side is quiet from mid-ship all the way aft, as it is over a couple of assorted meeting rooms, the Library, and the dining room.

Navigation Deck under the Lido dining area is quiet, as the area above is used for walking or tables, and is carpeted. The areas under the aft and mid-ship pools can get noisy.

We had cabin A6144 on deck 6 for a South Pacific and we can highly recommend it. There were no problems with noise or any plumbing for the whole trip. If you can find the halfacts website, there are some pictures of the cabin, including my DW.

We have recently been on the Navigation deck under the aft pool area on an R class sister ship Zaandam and there were no noise problems at all. The only truly and unacceptably noisy verandah (Vista suite) cabin we have had was one directly over the Ocean Bar on the Maadam, S class somewhat similar layout to the R class Voldendam, but not quite.

I've read that a lot of the Vista cabins on Volendam are noisy - Deck 6 noise from below and Deck 7 noise from above.

I'd be grateful for any views from anyone with past experience of Vista cabins on either Deck 6 or 7 and any recomendations.

Thanks

I have stayed in 6118 which is directly above public washrooms and there is quite a lot of plumbing sounds day and night.

I have also stayed in 6136 and there were no sound issues from below.