Looking for ideas multi day tours PRIOR to the cruise

I have spent hours researching multi day tours prior to our cruise. We have been to Barcelona several times and thought we would like to see other parts of Spain ( for a week)

I would prefer a tour group. I saw several by Viatour that sounded good but there were no customer reviews. (that makes me leary)

I am looking for an easy paced tour.

Has anyone used a tour company that they can recommend.

I know Tauck tours are excellent but they are very expensive and all 5 star. Im looking for something more 4 star to 3 1/2

I would appreciate any suggestions

Have you considered flying into Madrid and then taking the high speed train to Barcelona? Madrid is wonderful and you can take day trips from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes! I am starting to rethink my plans. Considering flying into Sevelle, staying for several days and I have seen several good day tours. then taking the train to Barcelona

If you are not limited to time constraints there is really no need for multi day tours. Depending on timing can stay in major tourist cities (Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia, Bilbao) for around 3 days or so, explore on your own or buy from multiple local offerings. Can check with getyourguide.com (similar to Viator). There are literally 100s of options for each place sorted by activity. To move between cities is easy by train or bus. Renfe is selling at 70% discount as soon as dates come on sale. Same true for bus. Vueling flies at reasonable prices in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you are not limited to time constraints there is really no need for multi day tours. Depending on timing can stay in major tourist cities (Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia, Bilbao) for around 3 days or so, explore on your own or buy from multiple local offerings. Can check with getyourguide.com (similar to Viator). There are literally 100s of options for each place sorted by activity. To move between cities is easy by train or bus. Renfe is selling at 70% discount as soon as dates come on sale. Same true for bus. Vueling flies at reasonable prices in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you:)

Last year we booked a wine and cava tasting tour with Viator. It was one of the best tour and tasting, to Familia Torres, Freixenet, & Jean Leon Wineries! Plan to do another tour this year!!

Did a search, sounds like a great tour. Thank you :)

Yes! I am starting to rethink my plans. Considering flying into Sevelle, staying for several days and I have seen several good day tours. then taking the train to Barcelona

That would be a good plan. Sevilla is beautiful. You will find lots to do for a couple of days. You could then always stop one night in Cordoba or take an early train there and stop off for a few hours to explore (I am not sure about luggage but I am pretty sure there must be somewhere to store it) - when you see the Mezquita you will know why I recommend it!!

Then get back to the station and continue on to Madrid for another night or directly to Barcelona.

I wrote this and then went to look on the Renfe site to check train times to Barcelona. Since it is only 45 minutes from Sevilla to Cordoba you may want to do a day trip there and just end your trip in Sevilla with a fast train to Barcelona. Lots of people would fly that journey. I think it is just about worth doing the train (not necessarily to save money) because you are going from city centre to city centre. The Ave trains are fast and well maintained. They board you like you are on a plane. The scenery is not particularly stunning but at least you get to see Spain from the train.

Buy your tickets in advance to save money. They are released maybe about 16 weeks beforehand (someone correct me if I am wrong here).

That would be a good plan. Sevilla is beautiful. You will find lots to do for a couple of days. You could then always stop one night in Cordoba or take an early train there and stop off for a few hours to explore (I am not sure about luggage but I am pretty sure there must be somewhere to store it) - when you see the Mezquita you will know why I recommend it!!

Then get back to the station and continue on to Madrid for another night or directly to Barcelona.

I wrote this and then went to look on the Renfe site to check train times to Barcelona. Since it is only 45 minutes from Sevilla to Cordoba you may want to do a day trip there and just end your trip in Sevilla with a fast train to Barcelona. Lots of people would fly that journey. I think it is just about worth doing the train (not necessarily to save money) because you are going from city centre to city centre. The Ave trains are fast and well maintained. They board you like you are on a plane. The scenery is not particularly stunning but at least you get to see Spain from the train.

Buy your tickets in advance to save money. They are released maybe about 16 weeks beforehand (someone correct me if I am wrong here).

Have to agree that Seville is one of Spain's most beautiful cities. Seville has loads to see and do and a day trip to Córdoba is well worthwhile.

It is also very easy to get to Jerez to see the horse show and visit one of the sherry bodegas. You could combine it with a trip to Cadiz. You could take the bus from Seville to Carmona or visit the Roman ruins in Italica.

The bar El Rinconcillo is said to be the home of tapas, but there are hundreds of good tapas bars in Seville.

You could watch locals dance Sevillanos ( a local kind of flamenco) in a bar or go to La Carboneria. Possibilities are endless.

However, if you are going to be there in summer, be aware Sevill can be extremely hot, even up to 50c like last year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums