M1 vs Mb on crown princess (also suite vs M1 question)

ghstudio

We currently have an Mb guarantee on the crown princess hoping, of course, for an upgrade to M1. Occasionally an M1 or M1 guarantee appears but it's gone very quickly. I've resisted upgrading due to the $300 a person price...and certainly we will be quite happy in an Mb cabin.

Reading posts here and elsewhere, I'm confused about what CC in a mini-suite (M1) cabin gives me, or gives me that matters. We haven't been on Princess in years, so I'm essentially a newby again...but we found an excellent itinerary and Celebrity has changed so much in the past few years and not in the right direction.

So let me ask a few questions and hopefully someone who knows (from experience!!) will respond. I would appreciate if this thread didn't veer off into a class warfare discussion which has happened on previous threads on this topic.

1) Is the menu different in the CC area of the dining room? Is it the same MDR Menu or perhaps the MDR menu plus some options? Does the menu change every night?

2) Where do Mini-Suite CC passengers eat breakfast. I've read that suite passengers have a separate breakfast, but is that attributable to suites or CC?

3) Are there any other cabin related perks...eg. bottled water each day, canapes, .....

4) is there any class distinction in the theater or elsewhere....by class distinction I mean areas reserved for CC passengers?

We currently have an Mb guarantee on the crown princess hoping, of course, for an upgrade to M1. Occasionally an M1 or M1 guarantee appears but it's gone very quickly. I've resisted upgrading due to the $300 a person price...and certainly we will be quite happy in an Mb cabin.

Reading posts here and elsewhere, I'm confused about what CC in a mini-suite (M1) cabin gives me, or gives me that matters. We haven't been on Princess in years, so I'm essentially a newby again...but we found an excellent itinerary and Celebrity has changed so much in the past few years and not in the right direction.

So let me ask a few questions and hopefully someone who knows (from experience!!) will respond. I would appreciate if this thread didn't veer off into a class warfare discussion which has happened on previous threads on this topic.

1) Is the menu different in the CC area of the dining room? Is it the same MDR Menu or perhaps the MDR menu plus some options? Does the menu change every night?

2) Where do Mini-Suite CC passengers eat breakfast. I've read that suite passengers have a separate breakfast, but is that attributable to suites or CC?

3) Are there any other cabin related perks...eg. bottled water each day, canapes, .....

4) is there any class distinction in the theater or elsewhere....by class distinction I mean areas reserved for CC passengers?

This is the Oceania cruise line subforum.

(Also, as an aside from curiosity, what is a "CC" status/section on a cruise?)

It's been a long day.....moderator, just delete this thread.

As we branch out from Celebrity, I had various confusions about Oceania and Princess. Oceania seems easier...it's really the value of Concierge cabins.....we have one of the extended B3's booked....but that's a different topic :)

Sorry for this thread here....trying to get moderator to delete.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

This is the Oceania cruise line subforum.

(Also, as an aside from curiosity, what is a "CC" status/section on a cruise?)

Stands for "Club Class." Princess mid ship minisuites (cost more than the others) and all full suites can now eat in a special area of the MDR where they supposedly get better food and service. I'll find out in November. ;)

There is no moderator here just click the triangle in your 1st & ask them to delete the thread

already done....and the moderators actually do read posts on CC.....so I've covered the bases. thanks.