Norwegian Jewel Alaska 9 day cruise (Dinner Dress code)

timf264

This will be my wife and I's first time going to Alaska! We have been on the Escape and Getaway multiple times due to living in Florida. I'm use to just wearing nice shorts and a button down to dinner. Do they still allow that dress on the Jewel in Alaska? I know it won't be tropical temperatures or anything but that's just what I'm comfortable with. I'll have had enough with long pants after being out on excursions all day! Any tips are welcomed! Thank you!

This will be my wife and I's first time going to Alaska! We have been on the Escape and Getaway multiple times due to living in Florida. I'm use to just wearing nice shorts and a button down to dinner. Do they still allow that dress on the Jewel in Alaska? I know it won't be tropical temperatures or anything but that's just what I'm comfortable with. I'll have had enough with long pants after being out on excursions all day! Any tips are welcomed! Thank you!

Tsars Palace and Le Bistro require long pants at dinner. The other MDR (deck 6 mid) allows you to come in shorts.

The actual dress codes are fleet wide, so you are fine wearing what you describe everywhere, except for the places mentioned above.

You may find that the actual dress that people wear differs in different places and overall people may dress up a bit more in Alaska, but that’s their choice rather than being dictated by the cruise line.

The only place which does differ a little around the fleet is the aft MDR. On some ships shorts are allowed whereas on others they aren’t. As mentioned above you probably won’t be allowed in there with shorts in Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk