Recommended taxi /transfer company in Venice

smileon

We want to arrange a taxi/transfer from the airport to the port and from reading other threads I understand as there are 4 of us plus luggage it may be wise to pre book rather than take a chance when we arrive. Can anyone recommend a company that they have used and found reliable? Have found lots of info for our Rome transfer but not found any recommendations for Venice.

Looking on-line prices are very variable and don't want to just choose the cheapest and find they don't turn up

Thank you

Why don't you just take a cab from outside the airport? Or arrive in style taking the Alilaguna Blue line that goes straight from airport to port but takes around 1 1/2hrs

http://www.alilaguna.it/en

Thank you little britain

In a previous thread it said not to rely on being able to find a taxi for 4 people + luggage hence trying to book ahead.

We also want to get to the ship and back into Venice to do some sightseeing so were just trying to find the quickest option.

Think I will just have to e-mail a few companies and make a decision based on their responses.

Thank you again

Try the Venice forum of tripadvisor ... the topic comes up frequently so you might find an answer within the first page or 2. Otherwise there are several locals who are active on that forum so they will provide a recommendation.

There is a taxi line at the airport, so no need for a reservation when you arrive. But if you have an early morning flight at the end of your cruise, a reservation would eliminate the worry of finding a ride in time.

I have booked with suntransfers which I have just used in Barcelona where they were excellent, so I have booked them again for Venice and barcelona.

http://www.suntransfers.com/

Oh and they were the cheapest. They were there waiting for us at both the airport and hotel. I do not recommend A2B. I used this company last time and I had to ring them up to see where the taxi was. 50 mins late.

I just used this company. They were marvelous and on time and a good price. We went from the train to our hotel and vice versa but they go from the airport to the port as well. Booked tickets and prepaid on line. Very easy. Also so fun.

Wow Mazbutler what an impressive spread sheet which gives me some ideas for my next cruise to this region.

We used day transfer it dot com for our family of four. They had a van for us and the driver was professional and courteous. We had been traveling for three weeks so we had a fair amount of luggage.

Archived