Anyone order off MDR menu while eating in speciality restaurant?

This may seem like a silly question, but has anyone ordered a MDR item while dining in a speciality restaurant? For instance, escargot or lobster on lobster night?

Yup. Did that just last night on Oasis. Were eating in 150 Central Park and ordered lobster tails to go with the beef tenderloin.21ff3950995facedd42fe27ed9d5f27d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For me nothing big time major ... but did request a cheese tray for desert from the MDR.

They really made it special. Sort of a MDR cheese & fruit combination.

Do always ask for what you want when you know it's available elsewhere on the ship!

Kind of a reverse of that, but a few years back we were eating lunch in the main dining room and my son (8 years old at the time) had a taste for onion rings. He asked if they had them, our waiter said no. So we all ordered, and we were eating, and here comes the waiter with onion rings. He ran up to Johnny Rockets himself and got them for my son.

Point being, it never hurts to ask. Most of the time, if they can accommodate you, they will.

My DH loves rum baba. On the Navigator last Nov, the staff in chops got him 2 from the mdr for his dessert as they were on the menu that evening.

The waiters in the specialty restaurants are awesome, and they will go 'way out of the way to take care of you!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums