Coco Reef Resort has raised price again.

Jetswdo

We have been 3xs each time price went up by $10 pp. We still love it there. Staff is fab. It is very quiet and laid back. The food is very clean eating fresh. They let us get ice tea instead of drinks but I dont think it is free refills. They give us as many towels as we want. We are going back again this September. We hire a driver it is $24pp roundtrip. There are umbrellas on the beach but it is first come first serve. My parents love it too.

Can you recommend the driver you used? Thanks.

Sure. We used her last year.

Her name is Ms. Deborah Brown. She is the owner. If you have been to Bermuda before she is the lady with a shuttle bus with funny bright socks. She is a wonderful person. She was recommended from another driver we used but he could not fit us all in his car the next time because my brother went as well.

She is a lot of fun, very knowledgeable and accommodating. I highly recommend her. I think she does tours and other things as well. We did not share the shuttle with anyone and we had 5 adults. She then picked us up at the time we told her. She responds pretty quickly via email. It was my brother's 40th bday trip and she made a sign with his name or it with birthday decorations---he was really surprised - was wonderful.

https://www.facebook.com/AmbassadorBrownsTransport

You can tell her Jennie B from Alexandria, VA recommended her to you.

We are using her again for our Sept trip. I already contacted her.

Good luck!

It is easy to understand. This thread was started about them raising the price and Coco Reef not being a great value anymore at $69. The thread is on the Bermuda port board. I have been there on about a dozen cruises and was planning a cruise I just completed when the thread started. I am commenting on a subject I have knowledge of. And also expressing my opinion that it is a poor value.

If you don't want to have a discussion about that why are YOU posting in a discussion thread about Coco Reef raising the price? It seems you don't want to read an opinion that disagrees with your opinion.

You've NEVER been to Coco Reef correct??? So then you have NO knowledge on whether it is a poor value or not.

Since the thread was started all you've done is look down on people who consider booking the resort for the day. :rolleyes:

I agree! We booked for Oct. 15, 2015. I'm not into crowded beaches but I love the water. My sister is more of a pool person so it works for us. The view looks beautiful! :)

That's the same reason we booked! My son loves the beach but my daughter likes the pool better so I'm hoping we can get the best of both worlds. Plus I'm hoping it will be a nice break from the crowds. After being on a ship w/ thousands of people it will be a refreshing change of pace :)

Her name is Ms. Deborah Brown. She is the owner. If you have been to Bermuda before she is the lady with a shuttle bus with funny bright socks. She is a wonderful person. She was recommended from another driver we used but he could not fit us all in his car the next time because my brother went as well.

She is a lot of fun, very knowledgeable and accommodating. I highly recommend her. I think she does tours and other things as well. We did not share the shuttle with anyone and we had 5 adults. She then picked us up at the time we told her. She responds pretty quickly via email. It was my brother's 40th bday trip and she made a sign with his name or it with birthday decorations---he was really surprised - was wonderful.

Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing! ;)

You've NEVER been to Coco Reef correct??? So then you have NO knowledge on whether it is a poor value or not.

Since the thread was started all you've done is look down on people who consider booking the resort for the day. :rolleyes:

I have been to the beach that the resort is on. I have been to resorts. I can compare the beach to other beaches on Bermuda. So I have enough knowledge to have an opinion if it is a poor value or not.

I don't look down on people who consider booking it for a day or who do book it for a day. You are confusing my opinion of Coco Reef at $69 with my opinion of people who book it. You are taking it personally because you are booking it and being defensive about it. No need to be defensive. All should do what they want to do.

Edited by Charles4515

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I will definitely mention you. We have a woman in St. Thomas that we use and she's wonderful. Better than a taxi!

• 2 weeks later...
We have been 3xs each time price went up by $10 pp. We still love it there. Staff is fab. It is very quiet and laid back. The food is very clean eating fresh. They let us get ice tea instead of drinks but I dont think it is free refills. They give us as many towels as we want. We are going back again this September. We hire a driver it is $24pp roundtrip. There are umbrellas on the beach but it is first come first serve. My parents love it too.

We are travelling with a 5 year old, so it might be easier if we hire a driver. Do you tell her a time when to be picked up? Also does she charge same amount for kids?

FWIW, I'm just back from my fourth trip to Bermuda and have enjoyed Coco Reef day passes twice over the four trips. It is relaxing, uncrowded, offers a really nice lunch, bathrooms, a pool, towels, chairs, umbrellas, a beautiful beach, shower/changing facilities etc. When (not if) we go back to Bermuda, we probably won't do it again but only because we've done it twice and there's so much more to do (I LOVE Bermuda!) ...but we won't do Horseshoe Bay again either because of the crowding. I'd rather have easy and relaxing access to the water as well as the facilities as opposed to walking to the left at Horseshoe Bay and having to walk back in order to get food or use the bathroom. But that's just me.

I highly recommend Coco Reef.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. We've been to Horseshoe Beach, and hated the crowds, but most especially hated having to carry the chairs and umbrella across the sand, and then having to set up the umbrella ourselves.

If we go to CocoCay, are the umbrellas already set up, or would we have to do that ourselves.

I have a question. We've been to Horseshoe Beach, and hated the crowds, but most especially hated having to carry the chairs and umbrella across the sand, and then having to set up the umbrella ourselves.

If we go to CocoCay, are the umbrellas already set up, or would we have to do that ourselves.

They are already set up for you.

My son just got back from Bermuda and his group went to Coco Reef for the day...they LOVED it! They said the hotel, beach area, just everything was gorgeous. It was not crowded at all. The food was very good and there were a lot of choices.

Can't wait to go there myself. 15 days :D

Everything is set up. Except the towels which they hand you

To me, that's a huge advantage to have the umbrellas and chairs already set up, and not having to carry anything or dig the hole for the umbrella. It's worth the extra cost just for that!