Wine List and Drinks Package

annieuk

We have had the all inclusive drinks package included on our booking for our forthcoming cruise on Braemar. I understand that as part of the all inclusive deal we can also order a bottle of wine from the complete wine list at 50% price reduction, is that correct? If so it does means that some really good wines can be bought at half price. It's not that we would want to do that every night at dinner but occasionally it might be good.

I'd be grateful for any information.

Yes, you get 50% reduction on wines that aren't available on all inclusive (but not champagne), we do that when we feel like a change; although with the new all inclusive list you get more of a choice of wines than before. You also get 50% reduction on cocktails, premium spirits/beers, fortified wines and liqueurs.

I usually think the best wines anywhere are the ones that are used regularly so have not been stored in the hotel/restaurant for an unduly long time in what may not be the best storage conditions. We once splashed out on what we knew to be a really good french wine for new year's eve when abroad and it was not far off vinegar. Luckily they did change it.

We have had the all inclusive drinks package included on our booking for our forthcoming cruise on Braemar. I understand that as part of the all inclusive deal we can also order a bottle of wine from the complete wine list at 50% price reduction, is that correct? If so it does means that some really good wines can be bought at half price. It's not that we would want to do that every night at dinner but occasionally it might be good.

I'd be grateful for any information.

Absolutely correct we have been on Braemar several times and had some really nice wines at sensible prices

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you get 50% reduction on wines that aren't available on all inclusive (but not champagne), we do that when we feel like a change; although with the new all inclusive list you get more of a choice of wines than before. You also get 50% reduction on cocktails, premium spirits/beers, fortified wines and liqueurs.

We are thinking of trying Fred Olsen for the 1st time

This drinks package sounds good. Just one question that may sound silly.

If I book the drinks package is the 50% reduction on wines etc. automatically on the package?

Also does anyone have an up to date drinks menu please.

The one I have found does not have Prosecco listed. Does Fred serve Procecco?

Thanks

If I book the drinks package is the 50% reduction on wines etc. automatically on the package?
Your cabin card has AI on it, whenever you choose a drink that is not included the waiter/waitress and bar staff know it's a half price order.

Follow the link for complete bar menu - the AI package is at the end, I don't see Proseco there.

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/on-board-experience/drinks-prices/drinks-prices

We recently booked for a 2018 cruise and the package was up to £15 pppn - apparently there will be an extended range included, however Fred were unable to give specifics.

Your cabin card has AI on it, whenever you choose a drink that is not included the waiter/waitress and bar staff know it's a half price order.

Follow the link for complete bar menu - the AI package is at the end, I don't see Proseco there.

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/on-board-experience/drinks-prices/drinks-prices

We recently booked for a 2018 cruise and the package was up to £15 pppn - apparently there will be an extended range included, however Fred were unable to give specifics.

jolly1

If you click through to the the "more information" section which can be accessed from the link given above, it quite clearly states Cava. That has always been the sparkling wine available on the drinks pack. If you are looking for trade names or specific types of wine by the bottle etc., then you will not get it free on Fred's drink package.

Not all drinks are half price on the pack (hot drinks and champagne come to mind). You have to read the details carefully and make sure you order the right thing.

Note a white house rum and coke is available free on the pack, but a "cuba libre" is a cocktail, so would be charged half price, yet is almost certainly the same thing! As I say, be careful what you ask for.........

I've just discovered that I wasn't spelling Prosecco correctly !!!

Isn't it a generic name for that type of sparkling wine, rather than a specific brand ?

Well spotted on the Cuba Libre substitute.

Yes, I think so. I was thinking of it as a specific type of wine and is Italian of course, whist Cava is Spanish. I was thinking any sparkling wine is probably a reasonable substitute for most people. All 'free' wines on the package are only served in glasses of course.

Regards cocktails, it is always worth thinking of an "alternative". Another example is my husband's order of a vodka and tomato juice, with a splash of worcester sauce. Also, I sometimes order a non alcoholic cocktail, e.g. virgin colada (at half price) and my husband orders a spirit which he 'drinks' quite quickly before ordering another drink - that works a treat as well, but we try to be a discrete as possible with that clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Regards cocktails, it is always worth thinking of an "alternative". Another example is my husband's order of a vodka and tomato juice, with a splash of worcester sauce. Also, I sometimes order a non alcoholic cocktail, e.g. virgin colada (at half price) and my husband orders a spirit which he 'drinks' quite quickly before ordering another drink - that works a treat as well, but we try to be a discrete as possible with that clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Tring, apologies, my brain is on auto pilot, I'm not clear on the purpose of this ploy ?

Clearly I'm missing something which should be obvious !!!

I can't see any Strongbow on the menu.

Some one said it is available on draught in some bars.

Can anyone confirm that please?

Strongbow has been replaced by Somersby [in cans]. I've never known a draught cider of any description on board [i'd drink it myself if there was. :)

If a Bloody Mary was ordered then you would be charged half price for a cocktail.

Half the price of a non alcoholic cocktail is less than half the price of a standard cocktail, yet the difference is merely a house spirit, which was kindly supplied to me by someone other than a waiter :)

I have mentioned this previously and never come across anyone who did not realise that, so I am surprised it was not understood this time.

I have mentioned this previously and never come across anyone who did not realise that, so I am surprised it was not understood this time.

Having lived a sheltered life, I wasn't sure what a Colada was (except a song by Garth Brooks) so the mention of a non specific spirit didn't trigger the brain cells.

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it !!!

Having lived a sheltered life, I wasn't sure what a Colada was (except a song by Garth Brooks) so the mention of a non specific spirit didn't trigger the brain cells.

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it !!!

Fine. Of course I would not dream of encouraging anyone to do anything that is not totally honest.:D