Restaurants on the "new" Silver Spirit

Joanandjoe

We are looking forward to our first Silversea cruise, July 24 on the Silver Spirit, Copenhagen to Stockholm. So far, we are the only people on our roll call (Please join us if your on this sailing!); but that's not the reason for this post, which concerns restaurants.

There's a disconnect between the 7 restaurants shown on the portion of the main Silversea web site under "Ships - Silver Spirit) and the 8 restaurants shown when we call up our cruise under "My Silversea". We would appreciate comments on what apparently will be our restaurants when we're able to make our reservations in late March:

1) La Terrazza. This appears to be the morning and lunch buffet restaurant, and an a la carte restaurant, with reservations needed, at night.

2) Seishin - Japanese or Asian Fusion restaurant, reservations only, costing $60 per person. What do they do to make it worth $60? Is it open at lunch for a lower or no cost?

3) The Grill. This seems to be a standard burgers and fish poolside grill at lunch, a reservations only "volcano rock plate" restaurant - whatever that is - at night.

4) La Dame - reservations only French restaurant, apparently with a fixed menu, at $60 per person. Same questions as for Seishin, plus the following: if it's a fixed menu, what happens if there's something you don't or can't eat? We both have food allergies (mine, sadly, is to chocolate!), and we have foods we don't eat, such as bacon and pork.

5) Spaccanapoli - Apparently, this is a pizza restaurant not mentioned on the "ships" portion of the web site. Does one really need reservations for dinner? Is there anything other than pizza? I like pizza, Joan can easily do without it.

6) Silver Note - This apparently replaces Stars Supper Club. Can anyone describe the experience, assuming the restaurant is the same as Stars (other than a new name)?

All of the above restaurants apparently need reservations for the evening. Do all of them have the standard dress code? Joan can always wear a caftan, I guess; but I don't even own a tux, dinner jacket, or blazer (blue or any other color). Does that mean I have to wear a suit every night? As a (primarily) Regent cruiser who loves the informal dress code on Regent, this is a cause for some concern. This dress code question also applies to the two non-reservation restaurants listed below.

Now for restaurant 1 and restaurant 2. Apparently, as anticipated on the Silversea board, they will, indeed, be Atlantide and Indochine. On the Muse, are these resuarants open for breakfast and/or lunch? What if one of us wants pad thai and the other wants plain fish? What does one do?

This has been a long thread, and we would appreciate your responses. J & J

In the past Seishin has been open for lunch at no cost, and it's Muse replacement is also open for lunch at no cost. The only difference being some hot food in Seishin and only Sushi and Sashimi on the Muse.

Generally the ship will modify food offerings to take account of intolerance or food no no's. Just make sure that they know in advance and then check with the MD once onboard.

With regard to dress codes there are plenty of threads that cover this on the SS board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I noticed that Silver Sea recently updated the deck plans to reflect the after refurb layout. It is a lot like the Muse in terms of restaurants and Arts Cafe, etc. Silver Note is different in that they serve food from their own menu. It's kind of like Tapas or small bites. Seishen was empty at lunch and there was no adder to eat there. If you like sushi you will love it. Most of the restaurants do seem to require reservations. Some are more popular than others. I recommend you making reservations as soon as you are able under mysilversea.com profile. You can always change or cancel. I wouldn't be too uptight about getting in the restaurants as other guests make changes too and things have a way of working out acceptably. Regarding dress code, at a minimum, I suggest you bring at least one blazer and even a tie if you don' want to feel uncomfortable on formal nights. As a cruiser who likes the pageantry of one or two formal nights I have to say it is irksome to see casual dress fans eating in the venues that are supposed to be formal for that particular evening. You can always eat at one of the more casual restaurants if dressing for dinner is not your thing or you can order room service and eat on your balcony. That can be quite fun.

If Silver Note on Silver Spirit mirrors the one on Muse, it is not small bites. There are a choice of 6 appetizers (3 cold, 3 hot) and 4 or 6 main courses, followed by 2 desserts. I found the menu nearly impossible to read between the low lighting, small print (even wearing reading glasses) and odd print font. My husband and I ordered different things and shared -- none were impressive. If I had it to do again I would stop in for a drink at the bar, and listen to the music (piano and singer).

We are on the first cruise after the refub.Noit sure if that is good but we will be happy to answer all of your questions after the cruise.

This is generous of you. But it would be even better if Silversea management clearly laid out the plans. Some people may want to cancel learning of the new plans; others may want to book.

BTW: They are adding new cabins (and, as I recall, ~100 additional passengers. I may be mistaken about numbers). Will the size of the existing restaurants be increased? Or are they trying to squeeze more passengers into the smaller spaces previously used for MDR and La Terrazza?

Some info from management would be welcome. Perhaps it's already available and I have not seen it.