Britannia v Britannia Club?

Number34

An advantage to Britannia Club (A2 category) on the QM2 is the new staterooms on Deck 13. They are better furnished than the others with much marble - probably faux marble, but it looks good - especially in the bathroom. The disadvantage: being the highest deck and the furthest forward it can get bumpy up there. It is also the furthest distance from accommodation to the assigned dining room: Deck13-A to Deck 2-D.

Having the same table for all meals allows a good rapport between the passengers and staff. They get to know we always have strong tea at breakfast. My wife likes black current jam and that was always on the table after the first day. In Britannia it is available but has to be requested each time and sometimes the waiter would forget it. That is not a big deal, but it is one of the little things that add up to a first class experience.

As with the Grills, a couple can sometimes be the only ones at a large table if there are some who dine early and others dine late. That has not been a big problem with us, either in the Grills or Club, because we tend to arrive around the middle of the meal period.

The Club would be our choice over Britannia if the price is reasonable. On our next voyage the difference is Can. $1600 pp and we find that to be too high. Our last two experiences in Britannia were excellent, so we don't feel hard done by.

I will be boarding the QE tomorrow.

I am going to be in 8068 so I will come back here and tell you. It might not be tomorrow but sometime in the week.

The Club balcony cabins on QM2 are not going to be the same because of the locations.

Bananavan, hi - how have you found your cabin on QE at night? Are you enjoying Club so far?

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums