Anyone cruised with Azamara?

I am planning a land holiday to Egypt, Jordan and Israel towards the end of next year and have found a cruise from Dubai that would finish off the holiday perfectly.

My cruises are usually destination driven so I don't really care about the ship but this is with Azamara and I'm wondering if this would be too fancy for us. We generally don't do formal nights as my husband hates getting dressed up and also we try and keep our packing to a minimum as we do a land tour either pre or post cruise. We aren't slobs and I don't mean that we would go to dinner in our shorts and thongs but if it means getting dressed up too much then it might not be for us.

Regards Elaine.

I am planning a land holiday to Egypt, Jordan and Israel towards the end of next year and have found a cruise from Dubai that would finish off the holiday perfectly.

My cruises are usually destination driven so I don't really care about the ship but this is with Azamara and I'm wondering if this would be too fancy for us. We generally don't do formal nights as my husband hates getting dressed up and also we try and keep our packing to a minimum as we do a land tour either pre or post cruise. We aren't slobs and I don't mean that we would go to dinner in our shorts and thongs but if it means getting dressed up too much then it might not be for us.

Regards Elaine.

Have sailed six times with Azamara both in Europe and Asia. There are NO formal nights, smart casual in the MDR which is open dining. The passengers are people who love to travel, price may look high initially but it includes just about everything except tours. It's our favourite cruise line with very friendly officers and crew. Can't wait to be on board Journey in March! Vera

It been quite a while since we were on Azamara but we enjoyed it immensely. It has a real advantage over many other ships that as it is small it can dock right in the middle of a port/city and often you can just walk off. None of the hour travel from the container port! Even in Bangkok and HCMC (I know that you are not looking at these but just to indicate) Azamara will dock right in close.

On the other hand it is large enough to have a variety of specialty restaurants and other facilities etc.

Its a dream, that's only very slightly out of reach. When one starts adding up the real costs of main stream lines and starts stacking it up against the luxury lines, its just a smidgen out of touch. Only just.:):)

I so agree, it all adds up.

Azamara is something we would love to do, some great itineraries.

We generally don't do formal nights as my husband hates getting dressed up and also we try and keep our packing to a minimum as we do a land tour either pre or post cruise. We aren't slobs and I don't mean that we would go to dinner in our shorts and thongs but if it means getting dressed up too much then it might not be for us.

My first cruise ever was on Azamara last year and I'm afraid it spoiled me for any other cruise line. I feel confident saying you'll love it. I saw no one in anything remotely formal anywhere. A sparkly top and black pants was about as dressy as anyone got and even that was certainly not necessary. If you like the itinerary, go for it! You will find yourself enjoying the Azamara experience as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My first cruise ever was on Azamara last year and I'm afraid it spoiled me for any other cruise line. I feel confident saying you'll love it. I saw no one in anything remotely formal anywhere. A sparkly top and black pants was about as dressy as anyone got and even that was certainly not necessary. If you like the itinerary, go for it! You will find yourself enjoying the Azamara experience as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think that Azamara was one of my very early cruises and I don't think I even knew about formal nights then! I don't think there were any even back then (think it was about 2008).

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm looking at the 10 night Arabian Gulf and Emirates cruise departing next November. I like the fact that is has overnight stays and the timing is right. Will just have to put off retirement for a bit longer.

Regards Elaine.