Southampton to caribbean cruise

ciaobella12

Hi, will anyone please give me some advice? What is the best time (sea journey wise and weather), to visit the Caribbean via Southampton. I know this cruise would be around October-Feb/March time, so I am a little concerned about the Atlantic crossing! Thank you in advance for your feed back.

The Atlantic is impossible to predict. However, I would always choose Jan/Feb as opposed to October. October is the end of hurricane season and also you get big October gales. Also, don't forget you go south, so after the first 3 days, you are in the warmer seas. They usually stop at the Azores or Madeira. after that it's lovely.

We’ve just booked for this years October Azura TA and did Britannia a few years ago, we also did the Caribbean from Miami last year.

Hurricanes are a worry and two of our ports were changed last year but never had a bad cruise weather wise yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I would always choose the March translantic as although no one can predict the weather, storms are more likely in October which is the end of hurricane season.If I could only go in October I would still be happy to go but March would always be my first choice.

The Atlantic is impossible to predict. However, I would always choose Jan/Feb as opposed to October. October is the end of hurricane season and also you get big October gales. Also, don't forget you go south, so after the first 3 days, you are in the warmer seas. They usually stop at the Azores or Madeira. after that it's lovely.

Also I believe for much of the Caribbean October is the tail end of the rainy season, and January, February and March are much more likely to be dry.