Karakter Beach Bar/Bus

mrsfuzzmo

I've seen many photos and have always wanted to go to the Karakter Beach Bar, but have not yet gotten there on our stops in St. Maarten.

Is it still there after the hurricane? Has anyone gone there? We have a big gang sailing in next year and are looking for some fun beach bars to have a "meeting" place. The beach looks nice, and the bus/bar looks fun.

Any experiences are welcome!

UPDATE: I see that they are open for business as usual.

Now, can someone tell me if it's worth going to, and what our best bet would be to go there for a couple hours over lunch and then head to Maho for the big planes in the afternoon? Taxi? Would we be better off just getting a van driver for the day? Looks like Karakter is kind of out of the way (from the main roads) and I don't want to be stuck there without access to transportation.

Will they call a taxi for us?

Wife and I went there in May. Very relaxing day. Took a taxi there, and they called for one when we were ready to leave.

We are thinking of going here on our Sept cruise. Do they charge for loungers and umbrellas? What is the beach condition after Irma? What was the rate for the taxi? How was the food/drink? It is a bit out of the way, so would like to be sure before we commit to picking it as our beach location on St. Martin.

Thanks Mrpayroll! We've done Guy's Driftwood (which we loved) and The Grill (which we didn't) at Maho and were looking for something different. Can you tell me if there's music playing there? That's one of my favorite things to do is have a few cocktails in the Caribbean sunshine and listen to music. It always livens up the day. (Doesn't have to be live).

We have always gone to Dawn Beach, but are ready for a change. Where is Karakter Beach located. Tried to find on Google Earth, but couldn't find. Sounds like a good beach.

Simpson Bay next to the airport.

We made it to Karakter’s! 20 minute taxi ride from the cruise port area. Paid $20 one way for two people. The staff are very helpful and set us up with loungers and an umbrella just for the asking. Planning on lunch later in the day. Maxine comes to us on the beach to take our drink orders. Highly recommend this relaxing beach day! We are right by the airport with the planes flying overhead.

We made it to Karakter’s! 20 minute taxi ride from the cruise port area. Paid $20 one way for two people. The staff are very helpful and set us up with loungers and an umbrella just for the asking. Planning on lunch later in the day. Maxine comes to us on the beach to take our drink orders. Highly recommend this relaxing beach day! We are right by the airport with the planes flying overhead.

EXCELLENT!! Enjoy!

Not knowing where Sunset Bar is located, I’d venture to say no. There is nothing around Karakter’s, it is away from everything. You would have a long walk to the nearest anything.

Was it easy to get a taxi back to the port when you were ready to leave?

• 2 weeks later...