Majestic Princess Conservatory capacity

Sailaway John

Can anyone tell me what the allowable capacity of passengers would be for the Conservatory on the Majestic Princess. I am organising a Meet & Greet and the list is getting quite big.

Thanks

:o

Have you communicated with the Princess Majestic Rep that sets the M&G's up?

They will know the capacity of a specific place onboard.

They will assign the time/venue.

Yes I have done that and they have allocated me the Conservatory for my 60-65 passengers . . . . but that number is now 75 and I hope they do not change the venue at this late time.

Thanks for your reply.

;)

Have you communicated with the Princess Majestic Rep that sets the M&G's up?

They will know the capacity of a specific place onboard.

They will assign the time/venue.

Yes I have done that and they have allocated me the Conservatory for my 60-65 passengers . . . . but that number is now 75 and I hope they do not change the venue at this late time.

Thanks for your reply.

;)

I’ve done many Meet & Greets & a lot of people that sign up who say they’re coming don’t show up. From my experience your lucky if 2/3 show up. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Another question about using that space. I’m aware it’s a large space that raps around & I’m hosting a Meet & Greet in March 2019 & Princess has not indicated exactly where it will be other than the Hollywood Conservative. They did tell me that they will provide some chairs but I’m not sure how many. I have signs made up that say “Meet & Greet, This way” with arrows going either left or right depending as to where our meeting is that I will try & post. I also plan to try & meet with the onboard events coordinator & if necessary to look at the actual space. I’m also going to ask for a microphone.

Please post as to what’s happens, location, seating etc. & if possible some photos.

On the earlier cruises on the Majestic from her first sailing various other locations were used but the Princess rep has been adamant that they’re all held in the Hollywood Conservative.

Have a great Meet & Greet.

Tom😀

Thanks for your reply.

;)

Make sure your Princess rep knows the new numbers. ;)

We have always found that a lot less show up then signed up.

Thanks for your reply.

;)

For my Meet & Greets I keep a private list that has info as to how to contact everybody on the ship. In case there are any changes I have a way to contact people & they all know how to reach me.

Tom😎

For my Meet & Greets I keep a private list that has info as to how to contact everybody on the ship. In case there are any changes I have a way to contact people & they all know how to reach me.

Tom��

It's easy enough to post a notice at the venue if location or time changes....in all the M&Gs you have been the contact or involved with have you ever had a change made with time or venue?.....I have not...even when our 4 day cruise was changed to 3 and embarkation was changed to the late eve before or the morn of our M&G, all went as plan. On that cruise over 100 showed, some dropping their luggage off in their cabin and directly coming to the get together....

I did organized ours on the Majestic, Singapore to Shanghai...last June...ours was in a dining room, as I relayed on past posts. However, "Hollywood" is a much superior venue.

The conservatory has plenty of room to mingle, there is a lack on "conversation" seating so that is why they bring the chairs in....The area is huge.....

Princess will be selecting and reserving for the group and setting it up, relax and trust their judgement. Participates appreciate your effort and they can take it up with Princess if they do not like the arrangement.

NO reason for concern about increased numbers the on-ship contact knows how to do their job setting up for private parties, etc.

I would say 200-300 or more, could mingle in the forward area of the conservatory comfortably.

Edited by land lover
  • Haha 1

It's easy enough to post a notice at the venue if location or time changes....in all the M&Gs you have been the contact or involved with have you ever had a change made with time or venue?.....I have not...even when our 4 day cruise was changed to 3 and embarkation was changed to the late eve before or the morn of our M&G. On that cruise over 100 showed.

I did organized ours on the Majestic, Singapore to Shanghai...last June...ours was in a dining room, as I relayed on past posts. However, "Hollywood" is a much superior venue.

The conservatory has plenty of room to mingle, there is a lack on "conversation" seating so that is why they bring the chairs in....The area is huge.....

Princess will be selecting and reserving for the group and setting it up, relax and trust their judgement. Participates appreciate your effort and they can take it up with Princess if they do not like the arrangement.

NO reason for concern about increased numbers the on-ship contact knows how to do their job setting up for private parties, etc.

I would say 200-300 or more, could mingle in the forward area of the conservatory comfortably.

Thanks for your reply. When I asked the Princess Rep about other locations they were adamant about all Meet & Greets were in the Hollywood Conservatory so thus my questions.

On my last Meet & Greet on the Ruby I was impressed when the events officer ask me to meet with him prior to the event. This was great as we went over everything & a microphone was supplied at no cost. I’ve added a extra 1/2 hr to my meeting so people have the time to mingle before any of the officers arrive as people said they wished that they had more time to talk to other people.

One thing I always do is to invite a photographer to take a group photo. A great way to have a photo of your group & cruise.

I’m planning to ask for a volunteer to make a sign that we can hold in our photo.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tom😀

• 3 months later...

I just got back from a cruise on the Majestic and I saw the Conservatory set up for a meeting with chairs, etc. It was very nice looking with substantial padded chairs (did not see actual meeting). There is a large tv screen on the wall behind where a speaker would stand. I assume it could be hooked up to audio visual equipment if you needed it for a presentation...just fyi. 

6 hours ago, Mrs. Kitty said:

I just got back from a cruise on the Majestic and I saw the Conservatory set up for a meeting with chairs, etc. It was very nice looking with substantial padded chairs (did not see actual meeting). There is a large tv screen on the wall behind where a speaker would stand. I assume it could be hooked up to audio visual equipment if you needed it for a presentation...just fyi. 

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ve looked at various photos of the Conservatory & wondered where people would sit. Princess was adamant about the meeting must be held there. Someone else posted about using the Allergo Dinning Room on Deck 6 & Princess agreed to that location. 

Ive done many Meet & Greets & I’ve always let Princess pick the location. Now I’m aware that I can also ask for a certain location as well. 

Thanks again in for taking the time to reply. 

Since I've never been on the Majestic or any real large Princess ships, 🚢 they haven’t come to the West yet, so this will be a new experience. 

Any my tips about the Majestic for a Newbe. 

Tom😎

On 8/14/2018 at 6:09 PM, land lover said:

It's easy enough to post a notice at the venue if location or time changes...

If the time changed to an earlier time, that notice would do no good other than to tell people they missed the M&G entirely.