Hey Halifax - Anthem of the Seas coming to wave hello :)

MattInFLL

Our 3/4/16 cruise on Anthem of the Seas now includes a "technical stop" at Halifax around 1am on Saturday night/Sunday morning (to comply with changes to US maritime laws/rules). We tie up for an hour.

No one can get off the ship (except the crew member who has to sign the customs paperwork).

But a group of us are planning to stay up and at least wave at anyone who happens to be on the dock, glow sticks in hand :) Any brave locals in the area should come out and wave back :)

We are only docking for an hour to satisfy a foreign port requirement. We can't leave the ship :( but a bunch of us plan to be on deck near Gigi the giraffe waving our glow sticks.

Edited by MattInFLL

• 2 months later...
WAIT WHAT !!!

So why is Anthem of the Seas coming to Halifax. I live like a 10 min walk from the Pier.

This is really cool actual. I'll see if I will be able to stay up late enough to see you guys.

:D

Hi there.... would you be able to email me (below my signature)?... I am trying to find a reliable Private tour operator in Halifax for our October stop there. I am looking at taxi or van tours.... hoping to get to Peggy's Cove, The Swiss Air Memorial, and of course the Titanic Gravesite. We have 9 hours in port so should be able to make most of this doable.

Any thoughts or ideas would be graciously appreciated !!

Thank you,