Embarkation by deck number

CruiseCrew123

We have only disembarked or had turnaround days on B2B cruises in Sydney, but I think that at the Overseas Passenger Terminal boarding is also done by decks. The actual part of the OPT used for boarding is smaller than it looks, and I suspect congestion is the issue there too.

We boarded by decks at Sydney’s OPT in October. Unfortunately, they had to do deep cleaning (norovirus before, during, and after our cruise) so it was 5 pm before we were onboard. No bubbly welcome aboard - just straight to muster. :(

I’m sure your boarding will be much better. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was the case when we boarded the Eclipse in April in Dublin. The exception was that Captain's Club Select and above could board at any time during the boarding process. We usually board early but this time followed their recommendation. Arrived at the terminal a little before 1PM as per our deck assignment. Was on the ship in 20 minutes.

We had no problems boarding Solstice in Sydney in March.... our travel docs showed it was boarding by deck.... but I asked on CC if they were strict on those times... as we were staying 5 mins walk from the passenger terminal and most people said if we turned up early and had our boarding docs all ready it wouldn't be a problem to get on earlier - and it wasn't

I think we were in the queue at 11:45am and on board by 12:30pm.