carnival legend shows?

littleessex

I didn't find Brett Allans (sp?) to be as bad as I had expected, but he isn't great either. His magic show is actually very good. The two production numbers are excellent, but Take II is the better of the two. We only saw one comedian, but he was funny. Overall, I thought the entertainment was very good. The band in Satchmos is pretty good too. They do covers of the Beatles and other mild classic rock songs.

Tammy

Gingee: Isnt it funny that for months before the cruise we can rattle off names of public rooms and what shows are playing on what night.. Get us off the ship and cant remember the names anymore.. go figure.

I too liked the broadway/vegas type shows. Take one was the better of the two.

I'd echo that on Bret Alans. I thought he was just overbearing, not funny, and the only one that laughed at his jokes. I was so uncomfortable being embarrassed for him, I just left the embarkation show.

I thought the Carnival dancers were great, but the lead male singer, at the time (Oct 2003) was terrible. Couldn't sing and needed to lose some weight. Sorry, can't remember his name.

The late night comedians were all good. Especially the female comedian. Can't remember her name either, but I've seen her on tv before. Working with "R" material she was really hilarious. :D

Where is Greg Kneale when you need him ? :)

I didn't find Brett Allans (sp?) to be as bad as I had expected, but he isn't great either. His magic show is actually very good. The two production numbers are excellent, but Take II is the better of the two. We only saw one comedian, but he was funny. Overall, I thought the entertainment was very good. The band in Satchmos is pretty good too. They do covers of the Beatles and other mild classic rock songs.

Tammy

HI Tammy,

I am going on the Legend in November 05. How was the ship over all. A buddy of mine got a suite at the back of the ship. I am a bit nervous about meeting someone who is single going on a cruise in November. The last one I went on was in April of 04 and it was great.

Rawlings

If they have a comedian by the name of David Sayh on the cruise, take my advice and SKIP IT!! He is just NOT funny and no one laughs at his jokes. It kind of made me feel bad--lots of people leaving and nobody laughing. But it was awful.

We sailed on the Legend from 6/22-6/30/05, and we enjoyed all three of the "Las Vegas" style shows: Jazz Hot, Singing with the Big Band, and Take Two. Singing with the Big Band was my favorite, and Take Two was my husband's favorite. All three were good though! :D

Jessica

Archived