MDR menu

cruiseguyforever

Nobody seems to have the menus, but usually the second night and the 5th night are formal.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Nov and Westerdam (both Western Caribbean) in Dec 2012. Both menus were the same, only printed on different thickness of paper. MDR Manager said all seven-day cruises in Caribbean have the same menus. I have no way of confirming his veracity except by my personal experience.

I scanned all of the menus and Daily Explorers for Joanie to post. I will ask her to post them if she has not done so.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Nov and Westerdam (both Western Caribbean) in Dec 2012. Both menus were the same, only printed on different thickness of paper. MDR Manager said all seven-day cruises in Caribbean have the same menus. I have no way of confirming his veracity except by my personal experience.

I scanned all of the menus and Daily Explorers for Joanie to post. I will ask her to post them if she has not done so.

Yay! Would love to see them. I assume the B2B are the same menus both weeks...

We were thinking of doing the Italian speciality restaurant on the first night. Is the food better later in the week at the MDR? The steak house is $25.00. I have been told the steak house is very good. Please post the menus for the MDR on a 7 day cruise. Thank you all for your help!!:)

DW and I just booked a 7 day on the Westerdam in March. Can anyone post a copy of the menus in the MDR? We would like to know which nights are formal wear and have a look at the menus. Thank you for any help.:)

As hubby, Crew News, stated he gave me all of the scanned menus for both Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam, as well as the Daily Explorers. Hwever, I am working as fast as I can to convert them from Scanned PDF files to text and then to get them upload for all to see.

I hope to have them up by Monday at the latest!!!

Joanie

would some one wise me up; i'll accept that? but, why would anyone worry about menus? oh, i understand if one has dietary restrictions; and hal will accommodate those issues. just let your ta know or contact ship's services. or see the restaurant manager when you board. hal's menus do change, but they always have lots of variety. i took two 30-day cruises last year on the rotterdam, and never worried about the menu, though it was/is posted in the given restaurant on the day of the purported meal. these menu requests often are posted long before the planned cruise; that is a difficult situation. menus change. enjoy the adventure of the menus. on a 7-day cruise, things could not be too bad, and if you knew the menus today, they might change when you board the ship. then you would be disappointed. and btw, the titles of menu items on any ship in no way say anything about the quality of said items. relax

I would like to see the menus because Iam looking forward to my cruise and am excited. I do not have the luxury or time to go on 30 day cruises like some people, so I must make do on 7 day ones for now. And if you do not want to see the menus may I suggest that you not read them before your cruise. So have a nice day!!! and I do hope you enjoy your 30 day cruises as much as I enjoy my 7 day ones. Cheers :)

Even though I know I will be well fed and always find items I want on the menu - I like to see menus ahead of time to build the excitement

It also helps me to plan what nights we will do Pinnacle, or if port times allow maybe eat in the port. I will always find stuff I like but DH is picky and some nights his only option is the always available steak. Although, thanks to cruising he has begun to try new foods because he knows if he doesn't like it he can always send it back and get something else (although this has never happened) - just his little bit of security.

As hubby, Crew News, stated he gave me all of the scanned menus for both Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam, as well as the Daily Explorers. Hwever, I am working as fast as I can to convert them from Scanned PDF files to text and then to get them upload for all to see.

I hope to have them up by Monday at the latest!!!

Joanie

Yay!

Yay! Would love to see them. I assume the B2B are the same menus both weeks...

We were on Westerdam two weeks over Thanksgiving and the menus were not exact one week to the next.

They did have some of the same favorite, such as prime rib, both weeks but there were changes. For example, I enjoy the apricot glazed stuff quail for formal night and it was on the menu the first week. We were in Pinnacle and missed it. The second week, they again served quail but it was prepared very differently and was disappointing for me...... I didn't like it nearly as much. That is only my personal taste but my point is our menus were not exactly the same both weeks.

to each his/her own. i just asked a simple question. i'm just tired, i suppose, of reading the endless mdr menu questions. i guess i read these threads because i'm amazed at the silliness of it all; but i do promise not to read the menu questions and respond again. my bad, as they now say.

would some one wise me up; i'll accept that? but, why would anyone worry about menus? oh, i understand if one has dietary restrictions; and hal will accommodate those issues. just let your ta know or contact ship's services. or see the restaurant manager when you board. hal's menus do change, but they always have lots of variety. i took two 30-day cruises last year on the rotterdam, and never worried about the menu, though it was/is posted in the given restaurant on the day of the purported meal. these menu requests often are posted long before the planned cruise; that is a difficult situation. menus change. enjoy the adventure of the menus. on a 7-day cruise, things could not be too bad, and if you knew the menus today, they might change when you board the ship. then you would be disappointed. and btw, the titles of menu items on any ship in no way say anything about the quality of said items relax

My bold but how true........

DH was teasing a few times he wanted to meet whoever writes those menus are he thinks there are times they are 'masters of creative writing'. :D The menu description sometimes bears little resemblance to what is actually served. :)

My bold but how true........

DH was teasing a few times he wanted to meet whoever writes those menus are he thinks there are times they are 'masters of creative writing'. :D The menu description sometimes bears little resemblance to what is actually served. :)

That is so true!!

DH has been disappointed several times -- great description -- and what he got was not even close to what he thought he should be getting.

Hi Cruiseguyforever

It's been awhile since we sailed on HAL, but I wasn't impressed with the Italian fare in the Canaletto (thought of it as a mediocre Italian restaurant). The Pinnacle Grill was another story all together and we have booked two nighhts in the Pinnacle Grill during our upcoming 7 day cruise. Enjoy every minute of your cruise and let us know if you try the Canaletto or the Pinnacle Grill.

would some one wise me up; i'll accept that? but, why would anyone worry about menus? oh, i understand if one has dietary restrictions; and hal will accommodate those issues. just let your ta know or contact ship's services. or see the restaurant manager when you board. hal's menus do change, but they always have lots of variety. i took two 30-day cruises last year on the rotterdam, and never worried about the menu, though it was/is posted in the given restaurant on the day of the purported meal. these menu requests often are posted long before the planned cruise; that is a difficult situation. menus change. enjoy the adventure of the menus. on a 7-day cruise, things could not be too bad, and if you knew the menus today, they might change when you board the ship. then you would be disappointed. and btw, the titles of menu items on any ship in no way say anything about the quality of said items. relax

I always like to see the menus for 2 reasons. 1. I'm a picky, boring eater. I like to see if there is at least one item on each menu I can eat. 2. I like to think about all the fun meals we will be having.

My husband is the least picky eater I know and doesn't care if he sees the menus ahead or not. As to why you care if we want to see the menus ahead of time, why do you care?

I've been interested in see HAL MDR menus because I'm new to cruising HAL and I'm curious to see how they compare to Princess. As a member of WW, I'd like to know if there are spa-like dishes so I can easily make some better choices. Sometimes a little knowledge goes a long way.

Thanks to Joanie for working on those MDR scans.

Sheri

oh, nana, i could not care less how many menus you folks peruse prior to a cruise, or for whatever reason you would choose to do so. my points were only two: that menus change and that what is described on a printed menu often does not reflect the actual food that is brought to the table. that's all. nothing more than that.

oh, nana, i could not care less how many menus you folks peruse prior to a cruise, or for whatever reason you would choose to do so. my points were only two: that menus change and that what is described on a printed menu often does not reflect the actual food that is brought to the table. that's all. nothing more than that.

So, I am perplexed.

If you aren't interested, then why respond?

I have sailed the Caribbean for 5 cruises in a row on HAL on the 2 newest ships. The MDR items have been ALMOST been identical. So much that i can always count on fried chicken for the Embarkation Mariners lunch, the Mac & Cheese for the first sea day lunch, and I can tell you what main items are the MDR dinner (Land & Sea, Prime Rib etc) and on what night because each year (and when i did two in a year), they were exactly the same...

That has been my personal experience on the Eurodam.

Other ships may vary...

Or do you mean it like the " chicken curry" is actually in a martini glass, like a cocktail, on lettuce, and with mayonaise/creamy dressing? Is that what you mean?

Archived