Cruise Director

goofy gopher

• 1 month later...
They seem to be all new. Remarkable how few experienced CD's are left

So true! Steve Castle and Butch Begovich are both history. (Butch is working in Miami, at H.Q.) It seems that the majority of the remaining ones are folks who weren't my favorites, even though there are a few good ones left.

"SKY"

So true! Steve Castle and Butch Begovich are both history. (Butch is working in Miami, at H.Q.) It seems that the majority of the remaining ones are folks who weren't my favorites, even though there are a few good ones left.

"SKY"

Wonder why they are having so much turnover these days?

Wonder why they are having so much turnover these days?

I don't know, although I do know that it's a REALLY demanding job. Damn near 24/7. Many of them do stay at the job for many, many years, while others are lucky to last one contract? The creation of the "Entertainment Director" was supposed to take some of the load off the Cruise Director, but apparently that didn't help enough for some of them. It's a mystery????

"SKY"

I don't know, although I do know that it's a REALLY demanding job. Damn near 24/7. Many of them do stay at the job for many, many years, while others are lucky to last one contract? The creation of the "Entertainment Director" was supposed to take some of the load off the Cruise Director, but apparently that didn't help enough for some of them. It's a mystery????

"SKY"

On the surface the salary is ok 9 ($100k+ per my google search), but what stressful job with long hours. And not a job you want if you want a wife and kids.

On the surface the salary is ok 9 ($100k+ per my google search), but what stressful job with long hours. And not a job you want if you want a wife and kids.

Now that they have an ED to pack them up would not think it was that stressful. Agreed with long time away from home not conducive to having a family.

However for many years they had pretty much the same lineup of CD's for years

Had Lee back on Carnival Legend in Feburary. He's from England. He has been CD for just over 1.5 years. My-self & BH didn't like him, think he has a bit if a EGO, & likes to hear his voice. To much talking over the ships intercom. Every hour. Most people can read Fun Times & understand it & plan there sea days from there..