Any ShoreExcusioneer Experience

Tedferg

Does anyone have experience with ShoreExcusioneer ? Their website looks good and they cover many itineraries. We are particularly interested in Dubrovnik - Cavtat. They make reference to 'coach' and I wonder if they are large groups. We prefer private shore excursions because of smaller size.

This might be best on Ports board but I placed it here because it is a general question.

we too are going to dobrovnik in the fall - we almost always take tours from the country tours- never from the ship - they're too expensive - i wish i could help on this but am looking forward to replies from people who have been there and see what tour company they used - and how good they were

We also take 'local' tours, primarily because of cost and also group size. ShoreExcursions is cheaper than some others we are considering. However if they do that by having a coach of 30 - 40 people that would not be an advantage.

Gloria, thanks, I have read that Dubrovnik is easy DIY and that a Taxi up to top of cable car is good and a trip to Cavtat is good, plus a Guide around old town is helpful - so I am comparing a tour to cover all bases.

When we did Dubrovnik, a complimentary bus was provided from the dock to the walled city. From there, it is very easy to do on your own. We made a point of learning a few words of Croatian (totally useless ones, but it was fun) from the crew members and asked them what the one "must try" meal would be. We had a great day on our own.

I honestly don't remember whether the bus was provided by the cruise line or the city; I do know we didn't pay for it.

These folks are a booking agent for many tour companies around the world. Have used them several times. Slightly higher cost than booking direct, but they do give a discount if you book more than one tour. Very good instructions on how to meet your tour operator. In our case had about a 10% deposit, rest paid directly to the operator.