Victory in september

kewpie

I am thinking about taking my 9year old on this ship. Is there an outdoor screen for movies? Also I am noticing the cheaper cabins are on decks 1and2. I am not too thrilled about that. Any help would be great. Would we be better on the liberty?

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve been taking a yearly cruise with my son for lastseveral years. He’s 15 now, but when hewas 11, he and I did a mother son trip on the 4 day/3 nt Victory. We had an absolute blast. I had assumed my son would sign up for one of the kid’s camp and leave me to hang out with the other kids. But he opted to stay with me and we had aball. We did everything together from watching multiple Dive In Movies by the poolside, playing on the water slide and in the pool; playing games in the video arcade, going to the Karaoke shows, nightly musical concerts in the theatre, all the game shows (e.g., Love &Marriage), Trivia Games, Nightly PG Comedy show; mini golf, Bean Bag Toss, Watch the Hairy Man Concert together, went to the deck parties and people watched (no dancing LOL), tried all the various types of food in the dining room that we normally wouldn’t order back at home, stayed up all night watching movies and ordering late night room service or grabbing pizza at the 24 hour pizza shop. In Nassau, we walked to the beach and hung out there for a while and then shopped at the local market places. We’ve been to Nassau so many times, so wedidn’t opt for an excursion. However, in the past, we have done excursions such as the private beach day, the submarine that allows you to view the sea life, the city bus tour of the fort and other local sites and even rented a private boat to take us snorkeling and island surfing. We ordered pina coladas (virgin for him) daily at the theatre shows, made our own milkshakes daily. I could go on and on. All this to say, your 9 year old will have a blast, whether it is hanging out with you or joining the kids camp. The kids at the camp looked like they were having a blast also as we saw them around the ship. Please take him and enjoy.