Escape recap 2/10/18 - 2/17/18

pjcruiser1

As of 9:30 in the morning couldn't find a chair anywhere. Pool area nowhere near big enough to accommodate the passenger count. Pj has some good advice I'd say with using the bench. The waterfront is also a good spot if you don't need the actual pool.

Sounds Like I am going to be glad I have the Haven pool to use....

Sounds Like I am going to be glad I have the Haven pool to use....

So do we. Haven pool is full of kids playing Marco polo and others snorkeling in the hot tubs.

Plenty of open seating and otherwise the Haven is perfect.

As of 9:30 in the morning couldn't find a chair anywhere. Pool area nowhere near big enough to accommodate the passenger count. Pj has some good advice I'd say with using the bench. The waterfront is also a good spot if you don't need the actual pool.

Try the Spice H2O area. IMHO

The pool setup seemed smaller than other ships we've been on. We always were able to find a spot to sit around the pool in the shallow water. Chairs proved to be challenging at times. Quick tip is we would put our beach bag with our gear on a bench next to the music stage. We tend to sit on the edge of the pool more often than not and this worked out very well. Doing this gave chairs to others.
Great hint, thanks! On a bit of a tangent, did you get a chance to use the large cantilever hot tubs on the top deck, and if so what did you think, do you recommend using them?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The reason we chose the Escape was the awesome DougOut review on the ship, awesome awesome review!

Aww that’s awesome! Glad you had a good time.

The whole “mega ship” debate, when an earlier poster said NCL’s don’t compare with RC... I agree, sort-of. I was on the Harmony last fall, and it honestly didn’t feel like a cruise ship to me. I felt it lacked that whole sea/cruising experience, and I just don’t feel that way about the BA & BA+ ships. I still feel like I’m on a ship, which I absolutely want to feel. The Waterfront & windows throughout 6-7-8 play a big role in this.