Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

My husband and I are arriving two days early for our cruise. We are staying at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Dania Beach. We have rented a car because we want to go to Sawgrass Mall and do an airboat ride.

We are debating what else to do (its not a lot of time) but I am considering the water taxi and Los Olas. From what I can tell on the maps, our Hotel is quite a distance from a water tax stop. Is there a stop we can drive to a park?

Also, we need to return our car to the airport prior to the cruise. I was thinking about talking to the hotel about picking us up at the airport after drop off and the taking us to the port. After reading on this board I think it would be smarter to just get a taxi from the rental center to the port. Any comments on this?

Thanks

The Water Taxi has public parking at the Las Olas Riverfront garage. There is a special rate for water taxi so be sure to inquire about this in the garage. You can spend all day at Sawgrass. I'm not sure how much time the Everglades (airboat) will take because I've never done that. It takes a few hours to do the entire water taxi loop. I think that if you plan carefully, you can do it all. I would imagine that whatever the hotel would charge to take you from the airport to the port would cost at least as much as a taxi, so just take a taxi as it's much more convenient (around $15 for the whole carload).

Edited by royalcruz

Looking for info on the Sheraton Beach Hotel. We can stay on points. Are there restaurants and stores in walking distance? Would take cab from airport and then to port the next day. Hoping to be able to walk to dinner and buy a couple bottles of wine. TIA!

Looking for info on the Sheraton Beach Hotel. We can stay on points. Are there restaurants and stores in walking distance? Would take cab from airport and then to port the next day. Hoping to be able to walk to dinner and buy a couple bottles of wine. TIA!

There are a few restaurants very close by: Mexican restaurant in the hotel, Bahia Cabana, 3030, and Sea Level a block or so away. Oasis is about 4 blocks away. Keep walking and you'll run into more and more within a mile or so.

There are no good wine stores within walking distance but Total Wine is a short ride away by Sun Trolley, bus 40, or taxi. Maybe less than a mile away, there is Plaza Liquor on E. Las Olas Blvd.

I'm flying into FLL for a cruise on the breeze. My mother is going to but she's actually flying into Miami. Does anyone have any information on transportation to embassy suites hotel in Miami? All of the shuttles that I've researched require a minimum of three to four passengers. Need help for transportation for one.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Good Morning, All:

I just booked the Cabria Suites at the Airport and was wondering if there are anything good restaurants near by

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am assuming you mean the Cambria Suites, near Ft. Lauderdale airport. Yes there are restaurants nearby. Oakwood Plaza is about a half mile from hotel and has several fast food places and also a TGI Fridays, Red Lobster and the Hollywood Ale House among others I am sure. If you are walking leave the hotel and walk up to Stirling Blvd. and go left under the Freeway. Oakwood Plaza is then on right side of Stirling across street. Takes 10 or 15 mins. Also has several other shops such as Kmart , etc. We have stayed there twice and it is a very nice place. If you are flying in be sure to get directions to the shuttle area.

I'm flying into FLL for a cruise on the breeze. My mother is going to but she's actually flying into Miami. Does anyone have any information on transportation to embassy suites hotel in Miami? All of the shuttles that I've researched require a minimum of three to four passengers. Need help for transportation for one.

Thanks in advance.

Taxis from MIA are not expensive.

i hvae been given a pre cruise gift of a night at the W fort lauderdale. :) has anyone ever stayed there? is there anything close by to get wine and water? anywhere good to eat?:confused::confused:

thank you

hugs from texas!!

I've stayed there several times. There is a CVS at Beach Place about 7 blocks away where you can get wine and water. The bakery/coffee shop at Hilton next door to W also sells bottles of wine.

I am assuming you mean the Cambria Suites, near Ft. Lauderdale airport. Yes there are restaurants nearby. Oakwood Plaza is about a half mile from hotel and has several fast food places and also a TGI Fridays, Red Lobster and the Hollywood Ale House among others I am sure. If you are walking leave the hotel and walk up to Stirling Blvd. and go left under the Freeway. Oakwood Plaza is then on right side of Stirling across street. Takes 10 or 15 mins. Also has several other shops such as Kmart , etc. We have stayed there twice and it is a very nice place. If you are flying in be sure to get directions to the shuttle area.

Thank you for the info

We are planning for oasis for next year july. Any transportation recommendation for a group of 26 plus luggage from FLL to any hotel in 17th street.? Anyone that have experience with fortlauderdaletransfers dot com?

We are planning for oasis for next year july. Any transportation recommendation for a group of 26 plus luggage from FLL to any hotel in 17th street.? Anyone that have experience with fortlauderdaletransfers dot com?

If you are all flying in at the same time, a bus charter would be best. You might find some under party bus. The ride is under 10 minutes.

Anyone have stayed recently at the holiday inn express 17 th street?

Yes, no problems at all. Nice place for pre/post cruise. Walking distance to several restaurants and a small shopping center should you need anything last minute. I think there is a CVS there but cannot remember for sure.

Tim

Yes, no problems at all. Nice place for pre/post cruise. Walking distance to several restaurants and a small shopping center should you need anything last minute. I think there is a CVS there but cannot remember for sure.

Tim

Yes there are CVS and Walgreens a couple of blocks away.

Thanks in advance.

It is unclear what you are asking.

Are you looking for transport from FLL to the Embassy Suites Miami for yourself? So that you can join your mom there? If so, you can take a cab, but be prepared to pay close to $100.

We will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise in early January. Because I can get the room for free with points, we will stay at a Best Western. I was considering either the Best Western Oceanside on Seabreeze or the one on Stirling Road. Can anyone tell me if one has better dining options within easy walking distance than the other? We will not have a car. Is one in a better neighborhood than the other? Would it be safer to walk after dark at one rather than the other? My Dh and I are over 60. We are only staying one night.

Thank you for your help.

Linda

Definitely the one on Seabreeze. Right next door to Sheraton Beach Hotel with restaurant. Also just a short walk to the Bahia Cabana Motel which has a great and very popular restaurant on the water. A much better location than the other one in my opinion.

We are a group of 4 coming into FLL the day prior to our cruise. We plan on getting a hotel for the night. Not looking for anything fancy. I have seen mention of those with free shuttles. Question: Is there one that has a free shuttle from airport in FLL and one with shuttle to POM. If not what would be my best and cheapest option.

Thank You in advance.

We will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise in early January. Because I can get the room for free with points, we will stay at a Best Western. I was considering either the Best Western Oceanside on Seabreeze or the one on Stirling Road. Can anyone tell me if one has better dining options within easy walking distance than the other? We will not have a car. Is one in a better neighborhood than the other? Would it be safer to walk after dark at one rather than the other? My Dh and I are over 60. We are only staying one night.

Thank you for your help.

Linda

Best Western Oceanside is in a much nicer neighborhood. Restaurant options are Mexican at Sheraton, Bahia Cabana, 3030, and Sea Level.

We are a group of 4 coming into FLL the day prior to our cruise. We plan on getting a hotel for the night. Not looking for anything fancy. I have seen mention of those with free shuttles. Question: Is there one that has a free shuttle from airport in FLL and one with shuttle to POM. If not what would be my best and cheapest option.

Thank You in advance.

Your best bet would be to stay at a hotel near FLL that offers free airport shuttles, then to take a pay shuttle to POM. SAS and QLS are popular shuttle companies (cost is about $15 pp). Some hotels to consider are Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn, LaQuinta, Best Western.

I was wondering if anyone had stayed @ the Bahia Mar Hotel? Its just my DH and I for one night. If you have stayed there, what was your experience like? They do have a restaurant on site, right?

I am also looking into Hyatt Place on 17th Street. Its a few more dollars but I'm wondering if its good hotel.

Any feedback is much appreciated :D

Teresa