Liberty of the Seas oceanview cabin in the bow?

Good idea or bad idea?

We felt more motion in the family outside cabin in the bow on the Liberty, but if that is a non-issue for you, I would book this room in a second. It is a large window and the view is very unique.

Bad idea in my opinion. On Freedom class ships, I'd rather have an inside room midship than an oceanview on deck 2 or 3 or all the way forward.

These are big ships and that's a long walk from everywhere. You will also feel a lot more motion.

Good idea or bad idea?

I just did deck 6 forward oceanview on the Liberty TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona and was so happy with the cabin.

I had planned all along to upgrade to a Balcony or Suite when deals came, but was not able to due to communication issues with RCCL.

The captain choose the northern route and we had 3 days with a little motion, but it in no way affected me negatively and I rather enjoyed it. The sound of the anchor dropping on an emergency call in the Azores or the workers painting the helipad while in port in Cadiz only added to the mystique of being on a ship.

The cabins are a little larger and odd shaped than standard outsides and it was nice to have added space for storage. The view when sitting or laying on bed or sofa was only ocean. Moving toward window you see the helipad. Curtains required to be closed at night.

I liked deck 6 forward as one deck down to interior promenade and 2 decks down to exterior promenade which I used every time to move aft on the ship. There are 3 corridors moving to forward stairs and 3 elevators on each side.

Archived