Anxious for Galveston Itineraries to be released!

We are wanting to book a cruise next year - late April or early May. We are in Texas and it's killing me to wait on the new Galveston itineraries! On the roll call for the Galveston cruise we are going on in about 2 months the first post was 610 days before sailing date. I'm looking just 14 months out and I want to figure out if we want to sail out of Galveston again (I assume on Liberty) or pick something else! Any idea when we will know more info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are wanting to book a cruise next year - late April or early May. We are in Texas and it's killing me to wait on the new Galveston itineraries! On the roll call for the Galveston cruise we are going on in about 2 months the first post was 610 days before sailing date. I'm looking just 14 months out and I want to figure out if we want to sail out of Galveston again (I assume on Liberty) or pick something else! Any idea when we will know more info?

Probably within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Edited by clarea

Suppossed to be on March 17th. I can't wait either! :D

I'm afraid if it's the same old same old itineraries we'll be passing up Galveston next year. Surely they can come up with some new choices. We can't be the only ones thinking enough already.

I'm afraid if it's the same old same old itineraries we'll be passing up Galveston next year. Surely they can come up with some new choices. We can't be the only ones thinking enough already.

I'm with you!!! I'm only going on my 2nd cruise Sunday and already I want new itineraries! I'm hoping for a 9 or 11 night Eastern or Southern Caribbean. I have no desire to do the Jamaica/Grand Cayman itinerary right now. And I don't want a Bahamas itinerary either.

Looks like I may have to fly for my 2015 cruise. :p 1st world problems. LOL!

So are they updating the Galveston terminal AND building another ? Have heard CCL may bring a third ship and Royal a bigger ship. We too are somewhat tired of the same old ports while the first time cruisers love them. My wish before we get too old is that we can have a longer one from Galveston to maybe southern caribbean.

No, you're not the only one! We're sailing NOS again this November and this will be the 3rd time we've done the Coz, GC, Jam itinerary out of Galveston. O.v.e.r i.t!

We sail with such a large group though (25+ people) that travel to other ports can be cost prohibitive for many so we've kept it local since we're in the DFW area.

Hi. I assume you have done the Belize , Roatan, Coz itinerary? Our NOS November cruise is on the 16th, and it goes to Costa Maya instead of Belize. We have been there once but did not go to Mahahual, so a little change of pace..

No, you're not the only one! We're sailing NOS again this November and this will be the 3rd time we've done the Coz, GC, Jam itinerary out of Galveston. O.v.e.r i.t!

We sail with such a large group though (25+ people) that travel to other ports can be cost prohibitive for many so we've kept it local since we're in the DFW area.

I too would love to see new itineraries too. At this point I just want to see SOMETHING so we can make our plan. If I didn't research and read CC I'd assume that RC wasn't running ships out of Galveston in 2015 and move on to another option. On the RC website, using the "plan a cruise" tool there isn't any Galveston cruises available in 2015. It just seems like it costs them business by not making these sailings available sooner rather than later.

Hi. I assume you have done the Belize , Roatan, Coz itinerary? Our NOS November cruise is on the 16th, and it goes to Costa Maya instead of Belize. We have been there once but did not go to Mahahual, so a little change of pace..

Yep, just did that one on NOS in December. Was even less of a fan of that itinerary. Don't get me wrong, we have a blast in Cozumel and GC is beautiful and clean. Jamaica I'm indifferent about. I'd just like a change of scenery out of Galveston. Of course it could also be that I've cruised out of POM before too and the Western Caribbean pales in comparison to the Eastern Caribbean, BVI and USVI.

Unless you can take a cruise longer than 7 days you can pretty much plan on the same destinations...maybe they can mix them up, but that is about it. Geography is the restiction...just a few combinations are possible when it takes two days to get to or from places like Honduras or other sourthern destinations.

For me it's not just ports, but dates, ship (I know it's suppose to be liberty) and prices.... I've seen some good deals on other ships that would require air travel, so I just want to know all my options so I can make our plan...Sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Agree on changing itinerary.

We are going on Navigator in June but mainly because my in laws are coming in to visit us from overseas and we are in DfW area so we can drive down and don't have to fly.

That being said i have noticed the cost from Galveston is a lot more expensive this year. And on top of that I paid $1000 per person less than the current prices for the same category cabin for the same sailing:eek:In fact I am paying less to fly and do a one week cruise for thanksgiving for less than just the cruise itself in June. Given that it is three days at sea I think it is getting very expensive sailing out of Galveston compared to more port inclusive cruises.

Coupled with the fact that a lot of galveston hotels now have two night minimums (luckily we rang the hotel direct we normally stay at and they manually overrode the booking for us so we could stay just the one night) even that was the best part of $250 for a room we have booked for $150 last year.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to scrimp and scrape the barrel here, but I don't feel the overall value of galveston sailings is anywhere close to what it used to be.

I expect to pay more for port intensive itineraries and around Europe but for the current nOS itineraries .....:confused:

Any updates on when Galveston sailings for next summer will be released? I checked this morning but nothing past April 2015 is showing up yet.

I'm wondering the same thing! I've booked cruises almost 2 years in advance before so I'm not sure what the delay is.

Edited by galavant3

I thought someone 'in the know' had said the 17th in this thread. There is another thread that states that it it will be at the end of this month.

I wonder why such a delay in getting this out? Trying to make sure the navigator fills up?

Does anyone know for certain which ship will be in Galveston next summer? I've seen both Navigator and Liberty mentioned. I'm trying to figure out the best cabins to book for an extended family cruise. My MIL would like to have us all on the same deck. I've got one family w/ 6 people who want a single oceanview cabin due to having small children and also need at least one accessible cabin. There aren't many cabins for 6 on either ship so I want to book as soon as I can.

We were on Carnival in February, and at the past cruisers celebration they announced they

were bringing a third ship to Galveston (Carnival Freedom) but weren't able to give a date.:)

Does anyone know for certain which ship will be in Galveston next summer? I've seen both Navigator and Liberty mentioned. I'm trying to figure out the best cabins to book for an extended family cruise. My MIL would like to have us all on the same deck. I've got one family w/ 6 people who want a single oceanview cabin due to having small children and also need at least one accessible cabin. There aren't many cabins for 6 on either ship so I want to book as soon as I can.

Navigator is going to San Juan next spring. The speculation has been that Liberty will replace her then. They're just trying to keep us all in suspense. It would be great if the itineraries changed up a bit but we'll see. It would be a surprise if they did.

Navigator is going to San Juan next spring. The speculation has been that Liberty will replace her then. They're just trying to keep us all in suspense. It would be great if the itineraries changed up a bit but we'll see. It would be a surprise if they did.

I also heard that NOS was in Galveston until May 2015 and that Liberty would replace her.