First time on Celebrity Silhouette 28th-30th April. Gluten free food tips and which b

frankie 57

Hi, am doing a 2 night cruise to see if we like Celebrity. Hubby's 65th Birthday so hope to enjoy the Premium drinks package.

Help on favourite bars, and favourite cocktails?

I am coeliac so need gluten free, any advice? Worried about Lunchtime especially on embarking, where to eat?

Thanks. :D:D

He'll love the premium drinks package, fantastic choice. Celebrity buffets really are good but be warned it will be really busy when you get on. Maybe have a word when you get on and ask where else is serving food at that time. sometimes the indoor pool area has a little buffet and it's far more peaceful. We are on the Fjords cruise straight after you. Enjoy!:)

If you are in a Concierge cabin or a suite there is an embarkation lunch in MDR (Concierge) 1130-1300 & in Luminae (Suite). Either will be able to help with gluten free

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on silhouette on March 25, 2018 cruise. The buffet has plenty of gluten free options. In ocean view cafe there are lots of gluten free options, made to order gluten free pizza...didn’t try so can’t comment. As well as made to order gluten free pasta. Gluten free bread is also available and at least one gluten free muffin at breakfast. At lunch and I assume dinner...didn’t eat at buffet for dinner there is a small gluten free section. Cafe Al Bacio on deck five usually has a gluten free option as well.

With premium drink package you will have lots of options for drinks. The martini bar is a fun spot and world class bar..I think on deck 5 has interesting cocktails..not as good as molecular from a few years ago, but also fun to watch bartender make a big order of cocktails at once. Only had classic drink package this time so can’t comment on premium wine selection but you should find something you like unless you are really picky with your wines. Silhouette is a beautiful ship so enjoy!

The Aqua Spa Café often has gluten free fruit & nut bars and muffins at breakfast (along with other healthy options). And tell your hubby that the Zacapa Rum Old-Fashioned at the World Class Bar is the best drink on the ship (my opinion). And if you go to a specialty restaurant, Tuscan Grille did a nice job of accommodating my gluten-free wife. In the main dining room, best way to go is order from the menu the night prior and they will do a very nice job accommodating your gluten-free needs.

We love the World Class Bar. Yes, we like the Martini Bar and it's fun to see all the drinks being made with the flourish, and it's lively and a great gathering place. But on recent cruises we've found it hard to talk because it's so loud, and the bartenders are so very busy and frankly inconsistent in their drinks. I do like several of the martinis there though.

We discovered we love love the World Class Bar. A group of about 10 of us seemed to be there every evening about the same time before dinner and after the show, so it was fun to talk and "visit" with the bartender. This was on Reflection.

Our favorite frozen drinks are at the Sunset Bar, and that's a fun place to be too.

I've never heard of anyone having problems talking with the chefs and maitre d' about getting gluten free (and other special dietary) food and drink. On a ship of nearly 3000 people there surely are people with Celiac every single day week after week year after year, and they should know how to deal with it. The basic problem would be with cross contamination which I'm sure you're aware of. Many passengers will use different serving utensils and transfer them back and forth in the buffet.

I have seen on occasion coconut macaroons at Cafe Bacio which are gf and delicious.

In the main dining room, best way to go is order from the menu the night prior and they will do a very nice job accommodating your gluten-free needs.

In my opinion, Celebrity are very good providing for dietary needs via their menus in the MDR. They use symbols for:

Dairy Free

Gluten Free

Sugar Free

Vegetarian

I always visit the MDR on the first afternoon to pre order and then order for the next evening before leaving the dining room.

I hope you are able to do this on a 2 day Voyage. Have you filled in the Special Needs form?

I went to a chef's talk on our last cruise on the Eclipse. In answer to a question about gluten free, he said that they use a separate kitchen area for preparing gluten free items. Probably they also do that on the Silhouette. There are so many coeliac sufferers around that it seems probable that the ship is well prepared for this, and I hope you enjoy your mini cruise when you go!