Mr Sanchos clarifications please?

squierjosh

Hi. We're on Carnival Victory next January, stopping at Cozumel from 12-10. Two grandparents, two parents, two kids (10 and 6). I'm thinking something like Mr Sanchos will be easiest to get everyone together. However, a couple of people in the group might want to do another excursion first, like see dolphins. Is there just a basic package that gets you in, so we could hang out for a couple hours? Is that the aquatic park option? Just no food or drink? I don't want to pay full all inclusive price for only a couple hours.

Thanks!

Hi. We're on Carnival Victory next January, stopping at Cozumel from 12-10. Two grandparents, two parents, two kids (10 and 6). I'm thinking something like Mr Sanchos will be easiest to get everyone together. However, a couple of people in the group might want to do another excursion first, like see dolphins. Is there just a basic package that gets you in, so we could hang out for a couple hours? Is that the aquatic park option? Just no food or drink? I don't want to pay full all inclusive price for only a couple hours.

Thanks!

Try looking at Paradise Beach. Good clean facilities and pool and PAYG. $3 entry and $10 pp minimum spend on food and drinks. Water park will be extra at both Sanchos and Paradise for those that use it.

On the other hand, if those doing the dolphin excursion are doing it at Chankanaab they will already have paid for entrance to the park. Or perhaps they are doing the one in town?

Thanks for the reply. What is PAYG, pay as you go?

I don't know where the dolphin encounter will be, I started another thread for that. :D

If Chankanaab has beach/waterpark options, and some kind of dolphin excursion, that may be the ticket.

Try looking at Paradise Beach. Good clean facilities and pool and PAYG. $3 entry and $10 pp minimum spend on food and drinks. Water park will be extra at both Sanchos and Paradise for those that use it.

On the other hand, if those doing the dolphin excursion are doing it at Chankanaab they will already have paid for entrance to the park. Or perhaps they are doing the one in town?

Thanks for the reply. What is PAYG, pay as you go?

I don't know where the dolphin encounter will be, I started another thread for that. :D

If Chankanaab has beach/waterpark options, and some kind of dolphin excursion, that may be the ticket.

Yes, pay as you go. Sancho has both AI and PAYG options but sometimes PAYG is full.

Two options for Dolphins in Cozumel:

Downtown

https://www.dolphinaris.com/deal-uk-dolphin-swim/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6-vyk9Xb3AIVT9bACh2nZg4JEAAYAiAAEgJ_YvD_BwE

And Chankanaab

Dolphin Discovery (link won’t post)

http://www.cozumelparks.com/en/chankanaab-en/

https://www.xtremap.com/park/

Both can be booked independently and there is usually a coupon for $2 off admission at Chankanaab for those not doing Dolphins. Site will describe what is available but no inflatables like Sanchos and Paradise if that is important.

In addition to dolphins Chank offers a sea lion show, nature trails, small pool, beach area, separate snorkel area, good facilities and typical beach food and drinks. Taxi each way for 6 of you will be about $20 each way (fares will be posted on a board near the taxi line). You can book it through the cruise line, including transport, but you'll save money booking it on your own.