Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

smitty1711

I am sailing on AOS on Aug. 30, and have been reading so many positive things about the "Cosol" tour in St. Lucia, but don't see anything about it in the shore excusions for that cruise.

Is this something you book independent of RC? Can anyone provide info on how to book? We mos' def want to do that in St. Lucia.

Mary

it's an independent tour - but you'll have lots of company from the ship - here's a link to his website -

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

Well worth the trip - we did it a few years ago and it was great. Please note though, you may not be in the van driven by Cosol, he has several other drivers with him usually. They all travel together though, and you get back together at the stops.

Another one that is well recommended (although I personally haven't used him) is Herod. here is his website also.

http://www.herodsislandtours.com/

Good luck!

Garren

Hello - Here is a link for Cosol's tour. We did the tour this past December and it was probably the best tour we have ever done! He will take you all over St. Lucia with plenty of stops and plenty to eat!!! Just e-mail him and tell him how many are in your party. He is very good about replying very quickly! We had Baptiste and he was wonderful :)

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

Our tour with Cosol was one of the biggest highlights on our cruise last year. He knows his island and if it weren't for the CC I would not have known about him. He is very knowledgable and we loved St. Lucia mostly because of him and all that he showed us. I hope that you can still book a tour with him on this short of notice. Good Luck!! He is worth more than he charges too!

Have a Great time.:)

We just got back from our cruise on AOS and am planning on posting a detailed review soon. We heartily endorse using Herod!!!:D He was extremely professional, informative, personable, and attentive to our every need, creating outstanding memories for all in our group. And although I know Cosol has been favorably reviewed, by using Herod you are able to completely customize your trip. We very much wanted to zipline as well as see the "sights" and Herod arranged everything perfectly. He was the epitome of a private tour guide and we were thankful we were not part of a stream of vans descending upon each location. If you'd like to know more, please ask. St. Lucia is a beautiful island and you'll enjoy it no matter which tour you choose.

Smitty-

We're on the same cruise, and we have booked Cosol. I am really excited about the tour, as we've only heard good things. He does have a website, I think someone listed it above. The price was $55 per person, a great deal considering the length of the excursion. I'm really looking forward to it

Our tour with Cosol was one of the biggest highlights on our cruise last year. He knows his island and if it weren't for the CC I would not have known about him. He is very knowledgable and we loved St. Lucia mostly because of him and all that he showed us. I hope that you can still book a tour with him on this short of notice. Good Luck!! He is worth more than he charges too!

Agree 100% with everything you said!!!:)

Smitty-

We're on the same cruise, and we have booked Cosol. I am really excited about the tour, as we've only heard good things. He does have a website, I think someone listed it above. The price was $55 per person, a great deal considering the length of the excursion. I'm really looking forward to it

Not only is it a great deal considering the length of the excursion but you also get a fantastic lunch including many of the islands foods at a beautiful hillside home that overlooks the ocean, all the rum punch and beer you want and amazing guides!!!! We had a blast! I really don't know how they do it for $55.

We just got back from our cruise on AOS and am planning on posting a detailed review soon. We heartily endorse using Herod!!!:D He was extremely professional, informative, personable, and attentive to our every need, creating outstanding memories for all in our group. And although I know Cosol has been favorably reviewed, by using Herod you are able to completely customize your trip. We very much wanted to zipline as well as see the "sights" and Herod arranged everything perfectly. He was the epitome of a private tour guide and we were thankful we were not part of a stream of vans descending upon each location. If you'd like to know more, please ask. St. Lucia is a beautiful island and you'll enjoy it no matter which tour you choose.

Amen, to all of that! We toured with both of them (land-based vacation). We liked Cosol, but we LOVED Herod!

• 2 weeks later...

I beleive the tour met about half an hour-45 minutes after docking in St. Lucia and left shortly thereafter. The tour lasted about 6 hours. We were back to the ship with about an hour to spare.

Have fun, it's a great tour! :)

I agree we just got back and did his tour. We had Bompy as our driver and he was great. Lots of info, lots of food, and lots of drinks (try his homebrew!!!). This was certainly one of our best experiences of the week!

• 2 weeks later...

Would also like to confirm what time we get back to the ship. I would like to schedule a spa visit one afternoon when we get back to the ship. However we have most full days booked and don't know when to schedule. My confirmation says leaving at 8:30 AM and the tour last 5-6 hrs. How accurate is this?? Would we be safe booking a 4:00 spa??

Or are there other things we will want to see when we get back from the tour??

We just did Cosul's tour on 9/3/08 and he was absolutely wonderful!! I could not believe everything we got on that tour for the price of $55 per person. It was the best tour we have ever had! Our tour was actually longer than 6 hours. I believe ours lasted 7 or 7 1/2 hours so I would not book a 4:00 appointment back at the ship if I were you. I am sure every tour is different (length wise) but just to be safe I would shoot for a 5:00 appointment. There are also some shops right off the ship that you may also want to check out before you go back on the ship.

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
We just did Cosul's tour on 9/3/08 and he was absolutely wonderful!! I could not believe everything we got on that tour for the price of $55 per person. It was the best tour we have ever had! Our tour was actually longer than 6 hours. I believe ours lasted 7 or 7 1/2 hours so I would not book a 4:00 appointment back at the ship if I were you. I am sure every tour is different (length wise) but just to be safe I would shoot for a 5:00 appointment. There are also some shops right off the ship that you may also want to check out before you go back on the ship.

Michelle

Our ship is only in port in Castries from 8:00 to 3:00 p.m. Is this enough time? We like to allow extra time just in case of unforeseen things happening.

Archived