Gem to Breakaway Conversions

lmcgrail

If you were booked on the Gem out of New Orleans next year, check you reservation. We saw this morning that our reservation has been moved from the Gem to the Breakaway. We were very happy with what we got :D. We were booked in a non-Haven aft penthouse suite and got moved to a Haven Aft Penthouse suite. Kudos to NCL!

We are booked on that cruise too. I noticed that they removed a port(Honduras) and raised my cruise fare by $100 per person..:eek:(n)

Yes they removed Honduras but added Belize City. Our fare did not change.

Edited by lmcgrail

If you were booked on the Gem out of New Orleans next year, check you reservation. We saw this morning that our reservation has been moved from the Gem to the Breakaway. We were very happy with what we got :D. We were booked in a non-Haven aft penthouse suite and got moved to a Haven Aft Penthouse suite. Kudos to NCL!
Does your vacation summary still show the same amenities? All my amenities are gone and my cruise is costing $1,300 less, which means it is only costing $571 for an aft-penthouse (CAS was able to change the cabin, as they had me on deck 9 and I didn't like that deck). Obviously, there is a mistake; I talked with CAS and they gave me a number to call on Monday. I'm really happy with my new cabin and excited to try the Breakaway. Edited by NLH Arizona

Does your vacation summary still show the same amenities? All my amenities are gone and my cruise is costing $1,300 less, which means it is only costing $571 for an aft-penthouse (CAS was able to change the cabin, as they had me on deck 9 and I didn't like that deck). Obviously, there is a mistake; I talked with CAS and they gave me a number to call on Monday. I'm really happy with my new cabin and excited to try the Breakaway.

Ours still shows the OBC but I'm not seeing the other amenities at this time. Huh...sounds like a great deal to me! Our pricing stayed the same. We too got moved to Deck 9. What don't you like about that deck? They have the largest balconies of any the deck 9 aft penthouses on Breakaway.

Ours still shows the OBC but I'm not seeing the other amenities at this time. Huh...sounds like a great deal to me! Our pricing stayed the same. We too got moved to Deck 9. What don't you like about that deck? They have the largest balconies of any the deck 9 aft penthouses on Breakaway.
I don't like any deck that doesn't have cabins above and below and the restaurants are below. Since I travel solo, the size of the balcony really doesn't matter to me. BTW, it said my balance was due last January LOL!

I don't like any deck that doesn't have cabins above and below and the restaurants are below. Since I travel solo, the size of the balcony really doesn't matter to me. BTW, it said my balance was due last January LOL!

LOL...our balance says the same thing. What deck did you change to? My husband and I were discussing this morning if we wanted to change.

LOL...our balance says the same thing. What deck did you change to? My husband and I were discussing this morning if we wanted to change.
I'm now on 12 (14 also has something other than cabins above). It was real easy, since I went through CAS, they just changed it. Here is the number they gave me to call on Monday to straighten out the cost (wish I didn't have to, but fair is fair) and the amenities 1-877-752-9625 extension 51671.

I've never sailed on one of the mega ships and haven't been interested in trying them, so this is forcing me to try one and hopefully I fall in love with the BIG ships. Which date are you on, I'm on the 12/6 cruise.

I'm now on 12 (14 also has something other than cabins above). It was real easy, since I went through CAS, they just changed it. Here is the number they gave me to call on Monday to straighten out the cost (wish I didn't have to, but fair is fair) and the amenities 1-877-752-9625 extension 51671.

I've never sailed on one of the mega ships and haven't been interested in trying them, so this is forcing me to try one and hopefully I fall in love with the BIG ships. Which date are you on, I'm on the 12/6 cruise.

Thanks for the phone number - we'll give them a call on Monday. We will be getting on as you are getting off - we are on the 12/16 cruise. We are still undecided about changing decks. I do love a big balcony. We are looking at 12 as they have the 2nd largest balconies.

We are booked on the Repo and we got moved over last night as well.

Our cruise got an extra day.

$25 OBC (?? for I don't know what)

Sailing 11/11 and we went from aft suite on deck 9 to aft suite on deck 10. We are very satisfied with our location. Our PCP said he had heard there are people either thrilled or unhappy with the switch over.

NCL is still working on the moves and there have been some glitches with fares, amenities, etc which will get worked out. Our amenities didn't show, but we kept a printout when we booked in January of 2017, so we aren't worried about those disappearing. At that time the UBP and SDP gratuities were not charged to suite passengers. Our cruise fare shows the same amount we originally booked (at a STEAL!) and the port fees and taxes are a bit lower due to Roatan being removed from our itinerary.

Fingers crossed they add back a fourth port stop, if not there is the ropes course, putt putt and the rock wall to conquer! Add in two bar chairs at the Haven bar...oh my, my hubby has drank many a bottle of Jack sitting in one of those chairs!

I stayed in Aft Penthouse 9316 this past Feb. NEVER heard any noise from below and the balcony was ridiculously large. Had a table for four, two loungers and two chairs with more room than you will ever need.

Great room and great deck choice IMHO

I stayed in Aft Penthouse 9316 this past Feb. NEVER heard any noise from below and the balcony was ridiculously large. Had a table for four, two loungers and two chairs with more room than you will ever need.

Great room and great deck choice IMHO

I just never book a cabin that doesn't have cabins above and below. Since I'm traveling solo, the size of the balcony doesn't matter and hopefully someone not traveling by themselves, but with others can enjoy that balcony.

I'm just thrilled that the aft-penthouses on the Breakaway are two rooms, opposed to just one on the Gem....I just won't know what to do with myself LOL!

I do have a questions. It doesn't look like the balcony opens from the bedroom, just the living room, is that correct?

I just never book a cabin that doesn't have cabins above and below. Since I'm traveling solo, the size of the balcony doesn't matter and hopefully someone not traveling by themselves, but with others can enjoy that balcony.

I'm just thrilled that the aft-penthouses on the Breakaway are two rooms, opposed to just one on the Gem....I just won't know what to do with myself LOL!

I do have a questions. It doesn't look like the balcony opens from the bedroom, just the living room, is that correct?

There are 2 floorplans. Decks 11 and 14 have bedroom attached to the balcony. The remaining decks have the bathroom looking over balcony.

We were on deck nine and loved it, balcony was incredible but would have preferred the bedroom access to the balcony.

See the post below for a great spreadsheet on the differences.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1892794

Have a great cruise.

There are 2 floorplans. Decks 11 and 14 have bedroom attached to the balcony. The remaining decks have the bathroom looking over balcony.

We were on deck nine and loved it, balcony was incredible but would have preferred the bedroom access to the balcony.

See the post below for a great spreadsheet on the differences.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1892794

Have a great cruise.

Wow! Thanks so much for the information, it is much appreciated.

No problem. Credit goes to bear3412 for creating this. We are getting ready for our 3rd Breakaway sailing. This has been a tremendous help on all 3.

15 more days and we will be on her again. Can't wait.

I've always cruised on the smaller ships, love the jewel class, and have stayed away from the mega ships. What is your favorite things about the Breakaway?

There are good and bad things. I preferred the pool area on the gem. I felt there to be more room. The main adult pool on the Breakaway is not big enough for the amount of passengers and if i recall it was very deep. The children's pool doesn't have enough seating around it. That may have been intentionally done so parents would keep a better eye on the kids. You will have access to the Haven courtyard which has a small pool and retractable roof for inclement weather.(the main reason we bid on Haven suite for cold weather sailing)

The shows are good on the Breakaway. But the theatre seats are not comfortable. We enjoyed O'Sheehans, regularly stop for an order of wings. Recently saw posts that you can order

from them through your butler.

The game area is fun. But expensive. Preferred the full bowling alley on the Gem, to the mini bowling on Breakaway.

We loved both Haven cabins we have been in. Deck 9 Aft penthouse was incredible, and the 2 bedroom was great although we didn't utilize the second bedroom as it was just my wife and i for that one. Both have 2 bathrooms which is convenient.

We preferred the 2 bedroom due to it being within the Haven proper. We felt we didn't take as much advantage of it from the Aft. That being said, I would have been just as thrilled to have had that bid accepted.

Have a great trip.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

If you are booked in a suite on the Gem and transfered to the Breakaway Haven, is your cruise fare protected? My amount due is all messed up and it says my deposit is due June 2017. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If you are booked in a suite on the Gem and transfered to the Breakaway Haven, is your cruise fare protected? My amount due is all messed up and it says my deposit is due June 2017. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

When I spoke with CAS this morning, they said the computers didn't seem to realize what they were doing when transferring our reservations. My reservation lost all the amenities, it's asking me for total payment last Janury, is charging me $1,300 less, which would be a great deal and they are crediting me $20 more than what I paid to pre-pay the gratuities. I've got all my documention and will call them on Monday and sure everything will work out.