Tauck MS Treasures Photo Album

Paulmj

We just returned from Tauck's Christmas Markets cruise on the Rhine River. We enjoyed the elegance of the brand-new Tauck riverboat, MS Treasures. The boat was decorated beautifully for the holidays.

I took a bunch of pictures of the ship inside and out which I posted up un Flickr. These are all high resolution images which can be downloaded if you wish. They are available for viewing in a number of sizes. Enjoy.

Outstanding photos Paul. I've put them side by side with mine from our September cruise on her. The Xmas decorations were superb. She is a great vessel with a great crew and I hope to save enough to travel on her again sometime in the future.

Hi Coral,

Now you know why we were so disappointed with our trip on the Katarina. It cost the same as our Tauck river cruise and we had Motel 6 experience!

Sheila

I found my invoice for my Russian trip and it was a good chunk of money and was equivalent to those who booked this past year who didn't have balconies and given the difference of 5 years (about $300 difference). Thankfully I had a TA who discounted heavily which helped. My Russia trip was the most expensive I have paid per person.

It didn't feel as expensive as others paid as I had used FF miles for air which saved me $3000 as I flew business class (when I priced business class out). Air was $1800 through AMA for regular coach and $5000 for business through AMA.

I honestly believe the best way to do Russia is via land. Having done both ways, night and day. Vantage is doing hotels for Moscow and St. Petersburg (June is going to do this) which I think would help out quite a bit and is probably a good compromise for those who want to do river cruise in Russia but to avoid the traffic and commute to the ships in the big cities. I can honestly say I could skip the towns in-between Moscow and St. Petersburg. There are small towns outside of these cities if I wanted the small town experience. I would have been far better off if I had taken the money I spent on the cruise and spent the $300 plus per night for a hotel and did the trip I originally wanted.

Hi again Coral,

I agree that a land package is much better. We had one and one half days in Moscow. It was not enough time! The ship was bare bones -- we had to ask the CD for more toilet paper. I won't repeat all the "camping" experiences we encountered. I also lost weight with the food served.

Sheila

We had one and one half days in Moscow. It was not enough time! The ship was bare bones -- we had to ask the CD for more toilet paper. I won't repeat all the "camping" experiences we encountered. I also lost weight with the food served.

Sheila

I know :( I am glad that my cheap high school trip showed me so much more of Russia. Go figure! I still want to return and see Russia at my leisure. I want to take my time to see Peterhof, Hermitage, Red Square, Kremlin, Victory Park and much more..... I will return.

thanks so much for posting photos of tauck's newest vessel. it's absolutely beautiful! we hope to take a tauck river cruise in the very near future. right now, we're booked on tauck's 2012 land tour, bellisima italy. for us, the only way to land tour or river cruise, will be with tauck, after a dismal experience with ama.

• 3 weeks later...

Great photos! We'll be cruising next year with Tauck, and the visuals help a lot re what to expect on the ship (except the Xmas decorations, of course...). One question; I've stared a new string with a question today re cabin 229 and any issues with engine noise (it is one away from the back cabin on that deck). Do you have any insights that might help? Sorry to go off topic, but I'm trying to get my sister and her DH to join us, and she is reluctant until that question is addressed. Thanks, Bob H

We were in 202 at the front, so of course there was no noise. However, other people to whom we spoke who were further back on the boat didn't say anything about noise.

My opinion is not to worry about it. The A/C blower makes more noise than the engine would.

Archived