Harmony Sept 23rd. My thoughts.

The ship-Fantastic! So many things to do. We didn't even have the opportunity to do everything.

Shows-Fine Line was great. I couldn't follow the story line but you really didn't need to.

Columbus-A little slow but had a hilarious finish. We almost left early to make it to the Quest show. So glad we didn't.

Headliner-Comedian/Juggler-I was really disappointed in this one, especially since it was the Headliner show.

Quest-Hilarious as usual.

Ice Show-It was good, not great. Our adult children enjoyed it much more than we did.

Love and Marriage Show-We enjoyed it a lot, partly because we were part of it. We didn't win but had a blast! I think my adult kids might have been scarred by our answers though.

Food-We mostly ate in the main dining room for dinner. Robert and Reniel from table 631 were our servers and they were fantastic! Enjoyed the entrees. Order the carrot cake. It was delicious. Loved Park Cafe. I thought the banana bread was just okay, unlike others on this board. Every time we went to the Windjammer it was packed. It was a struggle finding a table each time. Granted we were a party of 6, but we were willing to split up and couldn't even find tables for four or two very often. We didn't do any specialty restaurants.

Staff-Every RCI person we came in contact with was great.

Room-Rosa on deck 7 was wonderful! She kept our stateroom so clean and tidy and got us anything we needed. Will all our stateroom attendants in the past have been great, Rosa was definitely the best so far. I have to say the location on deck 7 was great. One deck up for morning coffee at Park Cafe. One deck down for hot dogs on the boardwalk. Two decks down for the Promenade.

Do the Abyss. Do the water slides. Do get your Long Island Ice Teas from the pool bars instead of Boot and Bonnet. Don't miss the bionic bar. Do make your own pizza at Sorrentos.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by Beeeeeford

Do you have anymore to say about the Love and Marriage show, given that you were contestants? I loved it on Harmony in July.

We had a different Cruise Director each week, which helped keep things fresh, but it was definitely a highlight of both sailings.

Do you have anymore to say about the Love and Marriage show, given that you were contestants? I loved it on Harmony in July.

We had a different Cruise Director each week, which helped keep things fresh, but it was definitely a highlight of both sailings.

Bobby Brown was the cruise director and he did a great job on the Love and Marriage Show. I think we had about 9 couples "audition" for the two slots between the oldest married couple and the newest. Our sound proof booth was just a crew room in the back of the stage. It was nice to chat with all the ladies while waiting our turn on stage. The crew member who came back with us said the show was really "all us" and just have fun with it. We were very honest (as I believe the others were). So honest my kids now know things they wish they didn't. LOL. I really think a cruise director and make or break a show like this. Bobby was good about "pulling out" some information from some couples. However, fun couples make it great as well.

Bobby Brown was the cruise director and he did a great job on the Love and Marriage Show. I think we had about 9 couples "audition" for the two slots between the oldest married couple and the newest. Our sound proof booth was just a crew room in the back of the stage. It was nice to chat with all the ladies while waiting our turn on stage. The crew member who came back with us said the show was really "all us" and just have fun with it. We were very honest (as I believe the others were). So honest my kids now know things they wish they didn't. LOL. I really think a cruise director and make or break a show like this. Bobby was good about "pulling out" some information from some couples. However, fun couples make it great as well.

Both Abe and Bobby did a great L&M show, but very different styles. Marc Walker does a great one too. I haven't seen a bad one, but some are better than others.

One thing that irritates me is that the questions are not gender-neutral. I wouldn't be able to answer some of the questions myself.

Any of the new ports have jet skiing? I tend to like booking outside of RCCL . We sail Harmony Dec 2.

Since our itinerary was altered due to Hurricane Maria, you might not have the same one we did. We had Cozumel, Costa Maya and Nassau. We didn't participate in that, nor did I see any out in the water where we were. If your cruise does to Labadee like ours was supposed to, I believe you can jet ski there.

Just thought of another bit of info I forgot. I remember reading a review where a lady said they used the Ultimate Abyss as their "quick way home" from the upper decks to her cabin on deck seven. What she didn't say, as she might not have known, was you have to have your shoulders covered to use the slide. While I mostly wear sleeveless shirts and dresses on vacation, this was a surprise. Our party of six walked up to use it, only to find out two of us couldn't. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to know beforehand.

I also was on The Harmony. I enjoyed The L and M show. You both look really young to have been married for 30 years. I hope my husband and I look as good when we hit the 30 year mark.

You are so sweet! My youngest (daughter) gets really upset when people tell her she looks like she's 16 (she is 23). I tell her she will appreciate it when she is older like me. You've made my night!

We were also on that sailing. You guys were great on Love and Marriage show. The ship was Fantastic! The only issue I had was the wait for an elevator and people just kept cramming into already full elevators. I can't believe we docked at Costa Maya considering how windy it was and how big the swells were. We ate two evenings at the Windjammer which we have never done before, but we were impressed with the food.

We were also on that sailing. You guys were great on Love and Marriage show. The ship was Fantastic! The only issue I had was the wait for an elevator and people just kept cramming into already full elevators. I can't believe we docked at Costa Maya considering how windy it was and how big the swells were. We ate two evenings at the Windjammer which we have never done before, but we were impressed with the food.

We were on Harmony the week before you and we experienced the same problem with the elevators. In the 20+ cruises we have been on, we have never had the problem of so many people pushing their way into a crowded elevator. My DH kept reminding me that some people didn't think they were rude because it is their culture to be crammed everywhere. I will tell you that I did get off as they were pushing their way in when it became too crowded because the claustrophobic side of me was affected. We used the stairs 80% of the time, but tried to use the elevator when I had my dressy shoes on:) The ship is just beautiful, but after our Allure cruise in May we will stick to the Freedom and Voyager classes. Oasis class just has way too many people and the pools were crammed on sea days (wouldn't go in those either).

I have to agree on the elevators. We mostly used the stairs. While in a crowded elevator one day a disabled man came in using a walker for assistance. The woman behind me, in her 60's and very able bodied, made an audible sigh of disgust when he came in and took up a lot of room. I wanted to say to her, lady, if anyone should be in here it's him.

Just thought of another bit of info I forgot. I remember reading a review where a lady said they used the Ultimate Abyss as their "quick way home" from the upper decks to her cabin on deck seven. What she didn't say, as she might not have known, was you have to have your shoulders covered to use the slide. While I mostly wear sleeveless shirts and dresses on vacation, this was a surprise. Our party of six walked up to use it, only to find out two of us couldn't. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to know beforehand.

That is a new policy since I used the slide in December. There must have been an "incident".

I have to agree on the elevators. We mostly used the stairs. While in a crowded elevator one day a disabled man came in using a walker for assistance. The woman behind me, in her 60's and very able bodied, made an audible sigh of disgust when he came in and took up a lot of room. I wanted to say to her, lady, if anyone should be in here it's him.

Totally agree, unfortunate she didn't get off and make room for him. In our case each time it was a group of people who would push their way into an already full elevator. That's when I got off. The people were totally clueless. The best ones are the able bodied ones who get on and go up or down just one floor:)

That is a new policy since I used the slide in December. There must have been an "incident".

I think they had to make that rule because so many people were getting "rug burns" on their knees and elbows. My DH had long shorts on and still got a large rug burn on his knee.

Also on the blue and yellow water slides, I had a rash guard shirt on and kept stopping completely when going down. I didn't realize it at first and wondered in complete darkness why the water was just all around me and then noticed that I wasn't moving at all! My DH was out of the opposite one waiting and waiting for me to come down. After that I didn't even try the Abyss!

Happy cruising!!!