Pre book VOOM internet and Diamond Internet Benefit

susan bt

If I prebook a total voyage VOOM internet package now, can I get my Diamond 24 hour internet benefit credited to my account once I am onboard?

No. If you book an internet package now, your Diamond 24-hour benefit goes away. Their rationale is you already have the unlimited internet, so you don't need the 24 hour.

No. If you book an internet package now, your Diamond 24-hour benefit goes away. Their rationale is you already have the unlimited internet, so you don't need the 24 hour.
Not true you still get your benefit. Just use it another device. I just did this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

If you have two people who are diamond, why not use one person's the first day and the other the second day and then buy the prorated package on day three? Pretty sure I did this and it worked fine.

A better way (financially) to use the second coupon is to buy the package on second day using the $20 value of the coupon.

A better way (financially) to use the second coupon is to buy the package on second day using the $20 value of the coupon.

Depends on the length of the cruise. 7 days or shorter it comes out cheaper, if it is a longer cruise better off to pre-buy as this option will cost you more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the one day free internet a calendar day or for a 24 hour period? We will be sailing as Diamond for the first time in a couple of weeks.

If it's 24 hrs and I wanted to check email once a day I can possibly get two different days out of it if the timing is right.

Is the one day free internet a calendar day or for a 24 hour period? We will be sailing as Diamond for the first time in a couple of weeks.

If it's 24 hrs and I wanted to check email once a day I can possibly get two different days out of it if the timing is right.

It's 24 hours from when you purchase it.

Not true you still get your benefit. Just use it another device. I just did this.

/quote]

I pre-booked and did not get the benefit on a recent TA because I didn't need it -- I already had the unlimited internet package and could switch between 2-3 devices. I just did this, too. I tried to go on line to get the free 24 hour so my wife could use it, but was denied.

/quote]

I pre-booked and did not get the benefit on a recent TA because I didn't need it -- I already had the unlimited internet package and could switch between 2-3 devices. I just did this, too. I tried to go on line to get the free 24 hour so my wife could use it, but was denied.

Your wife can use it, but, you have to sign on with your information. I just did that 2 weeks ago. It’s just like using your free internet on a second device, your wife’s device. You don’t lose your benefit just because you booked the package on line. If you did, that was wrong.

Gwen [emoji3]

Depends on the length of the cruise. ]

The scenario I described works for any length cruise - you are better off buying the rest of the sailing package with the second coupon on day two instead of using it for a 24 hour period and then buying the rest of the sailing package on day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your wife can use it, but, you have to sign on with your information. I just did that 2 weeks ago. It’s just like using your free internet on a second device, your wife’s device. You don’t lose your benefit just because you booked the package on line. If you did, that was wrong.

Gwen [emoji3]

I did try to sign on with my information, but was denied. This is the 2nd cruise on RCCL that I lost my benefit because I had the unlimited package. Same thing happened on Celebrity. My wife kept her minutes, but I lost mine because I had the unlimited package.

The scenario I described works for any length cruise - you are better off buying the rest of the sailing package with the second coupon on day two instead of using it for a 24 hour period and then buying the rest of the sailing package on day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only cheaper to buy onboard with coupon if cruise is 7 days or shorter otherwise cheaper to pre-buy.

9 day cruise take day 1 free; use $20 off coupon on days 2-9 @ $19.95/day = $139.60 total

9 day cruise pre-buy @ $14.95/day = $135 total if on sale even cheaper

14 day cruise take 1 day free; use $20 off coupon on days 2-14 @ $19.95/day =$239.35

14 day cruise pre-buy @ $14.95/day = $209.30

Our next 9 day cruise Internet was on sale for $11.95/day total $108 if using two diamond discounts it would cost $139

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only cheaper to buy onboard with coupon if cruise is 7 days or shorter otherwise cheaper to pre-buy.

There's lots of apples-orange comparisons going on there.

IF one is to buy on board (not comparing to buying online), the only financially advantageous choice is Surf. IF one is to buy Surf, it is cheaper to use the second coupon on day two on the remaining days package vs. buying a second 24 hr period. Basically you are getting the second day for $13 buying the package vs. $20 if you cash in your coupon for a day. The length of the cruise does not matter under this scenario.