Ventura's Metropolis screen post refit

Balaena

The screen in the Metropolis on board Ventura has been 'dead' since April 17 which has been a disappointment for those who enjoy that bar. Could anyone now on board confirm if it has been fixed during the refit.

Bal

• 2 weeks later...
The screen in the Metropolis on board Ventura has been 'dead' since April 17 which has been a disappointment for those who enjoy that bar. Could anyone now on board confirm if it has been fixed during the refit.

Bal

Back from Ventura's first post refit cruise today and whilst I can't confirm whether the screen in the Metopolis is now working, the new LED one in the Arena theatre is impressive. Saw it for the first time last night when the Headliner's launched their new "Singing in the Rain" show (very good too). Apparently the new Ventura LED screen is more advanced that the one on the Britannia, but I cannot comment as have not cruised on her.

My first P&O cruise for 4 years having experienced Princess more recently. Last cruised on Ventura 6 years ago so can't really comment with great expertise on the results of the refit. I'll post some comments on another thread if anyone is interested.

Sat having a drink in the Metropolis bar the other night and the LED screen is now up and running

apart from one panel that packed in which they should have sorted by now.

The screen still shows city's by night and an aquarium by day.

Nothing else seems to have been done to that bar .

The rest of the ship seems to have new carpet everywhere else. The Beach house had new chairs as well in a cream leather look.

The Headliners Theatre had a new show with it's very first showing soon to be put on all of P&O's fleet ,called Magic Moments, based on the works and life of Burt Bacharach.

As said by Sussex Blue The LED screen worked really well when they sang Singing In The Rain.

Note we only got two Headliner shows in 12 days, maybe due to them playing with their new LED toy.

The only downgrade was in our cabin .We now had a new TV remote and 8/9 channels to choose from . No interactive TV so if you need a statement then go to reception. The BBC world news channel was USA based playing USA weather and adverts suited to the Americans .Dead handy on a British based cruise :rolleyes:

When I said go to reception if you need a statement expect large queues if the ships IT system goes down like on our cruise ,off for almost 2 days .