how many soda's?

spiritreturn

Hi, I am sure this has probably been asked before but it is our first time on NCL so would just like to know what is right and what is wrong, how many cans of soda can you take on board when you embark? do you pack them in your checked luggage or your carryon, and, if you run out, when you get to a port, would we be allowed to bring on say another 12 pack?

Our last cruise was on Carnival and we took a 12 pack of Gingerale on board with us as carryon, it came in so useful, we had a few 'rock and roll' days and they really helped to keep the tummy settled.

Hi, I am sure this has probably been asked before but it is our first time on NCL so would just like to know what is right and what is wrong, how many cans of soda can you take on board when you embark? do you pack them in your checked luggage or your carryon, and, if you run out, when you get to a port, would we be allowed to bring on say another 12 pack?

Our last cruise was on Carnival and we took a 12 pack of Gingerale on board with us as carryon, it came in so useful, we had a few 'rock and roll' days and they really helped to keep the tummy settled.

Pack as many as you want in whatever luggage you want, it doesn't matter.

Pack as many as you want in whatever luggage you want, it doesn't matter.

however, if you pack it inside checked luggage, expect to have your luggage held on board for you to come and have them search that bag in the "naughty room". This can take some time and interrupt your first day on board.

Better in my opinion to carry it on where they can see it and just let you pass.

You can definitely buy it in port and bring it back on with you. My husband is not a Pepsi fan so we always pack a few Coke Zeros for him. We always put them in our luggage and have never had our luggage held up. I don't think it is a problem because they are dark liquid in a clearly marked sealed plastic bottle. Or maybe we have just always gotten lucky, I don't know.

My husband is not a Pepsi fan so we always pack a few Coke Zeros for him. We always put them in our luggage and have never had our luggage held up. I don't think it is a problem because they are dark liquid in a clearly marked sealed plastic bottle. Or maybe we have just always gotten lucky, I don't know.

X-Ray machine won't tell the security staff the color of liquid in a bottle nor will most machines be able to show in detail if a bottle is sealed or not. And the reason for naughty room is that they won't open the bags so they require you to come down to do it for them and let them see the contents of the bag themselves. Especially during holiday times (spring break etc) the passengers will use what ever bottles they can think of to smuggle liqours onboard so any resealable container containing liquid with similar properties as any booze is a risk in luggage.

X-Ray machine won't tell the security staff the color of liquid in a bottle nor will most machines be able to show in detail if a bottle is sealed or not. And the reason for naughty room is that they won't open the bags so they require you to come down to do it for them and let them see the contents of the bag themselves. Especially during holiday times (spring break etc) the passengers will use what ever bottles they can think of to smuggle liqours onboard so any resealable container containing liquid with similar properties as any booze is a risk in luggage.

or...if in cans, would look like beer on the x-ray

Any problem resupply soft drinks in ports And bringing them back on. We will be cruising to Alaska and have one soda drinker and two non soda drinker in same suite. Don't want to get soda package because would get charged for al,a three of us.

We were planning to bring some juiceboxes for the kids as well. That shouldn't be a problem right? I had read that you can put your room tag on the bottled water/soda and they will bring to your room (that you didn't have to put it IN luggage)? True?

Unopened containers of any non-alcoholic drinks are ok.

However porters won't take beverages of any kind (including water) in all ports, I don't know about the situation in Boston. Be prepared to carry them with you if they are not accepted if you try to check them.

I was told that everyone in the same cabin has to get the package I hope this is not true it would save a lot of problems if only the soda drinker can get the package. He would be much happier.

The is no requirement for everyone to buy. The alcohol package is that way, but not soda. Remember though, it is fountain soda, one at a time in about an 8 oz. glass.

We were planning to bring some juiceboxes for the kids as well. That shouldn't be a problem right? I had read that you can put your room tag on the bottled water/soda and they will bring to your room (that you didn't have to put it IN luggage)? True?

Tampa and New Orleans are the two ports that come up ofter for not allowing checked soft drinks/water. Because luggage is left in the hallway for each cabin, a few/very few, have reported missing soda/water.

I was told that everyone in the same cabin has to get the package I hope this is not true it would save a lot of problems if only the soda drinker can get the package. He would be much happier.

We always have 4 in the cabin...2 get the package, 2 do not...unless they changed the rules not everyone had to get it.

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Thanks everyone for your replies, so as I read it I can take what I like (soda drinks) on board when we leave Los Angeles, (actually my favourite is OJ mixed with lemonade, I cannot drink alcohol for health reasons, damn it!) but, if I run out of drinks can I bring more on at various Ports that we stop at?

Archived