Mosquito's in Mexico?

spiritreturn

There are plenty of mosquitoes by the ocean. I live about 300 feet from the marina and in the summer, you get eaten alive at night. But during the daytime, you won't see them and you won't be bitten. Fortunately, once the colder weather comes, the mosquitoes die off.

There are plenty of mosquitoes by the ocean. I live about 300 feet from the marina and in the summer, you get eaten alive at night. But during the daytime, you won't see them and you won't be bitten. Fortunately, once the colder weather comes, the mosquitoes die off.

Fortunately we are only there in non-summer months and during the day only, so haven't had the mosquito issue.

That's good. I found out the hard way in June two years ago a couple months after getting my house down there. We were sitting out on the patio enjoying a few margaritas. I never heard any buzzing or felt a bite, but the next morning I had more than 100 mosquito bites on my legs. I react badly to them to so it looked I had a bad case of hives for more than a week. Now we put beach towels over our legs when we're out there at night, spray Off on me, and have a mosquito zapper.

It is not so much the mosquitos, but be aware of the ""no see ums"". Tiny black type of flies that bites, which you will hardly notice untill it itches. Use repellent frequently.

It is not so much the mosquitos, but be aware of the ""no see ums"". Tiny black type of flies that bites, which you will hardly notice untill it itches. Use repellent frequently.

Yep

I have more issues with these than I do mosquitos in Mexico. First encounter was at Lake Huites (near the copper canyon). Was told to use Avon skin-so-soft to repel them; works like a charm.

They're called "bobos" in Mexico, and again, they're summer pests. We have them in Arizona, too.

We are in PVR during winter and are bitten by them there during the first few weeks. After that we have no more problems however.

I'll be in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta in February. Is this something I should worry about?

No absolutely not, just bring a good insect repellent. You will love the weather that time of the year.

That's good. I found out the hard way in June two years ago a couple months after getting my house down there. We were sitting out on the patio enjoying a few margaritas. I never heard any buzzing or felt a bite, but the next morning I had more than 100 mosquito bites on my legs. I react badly to them to so it looked I had a bad case of hives for more than a week. Now we put beach towels over our legs when we're out there at night, spray Off on me, and have a mosquito zapper.

Oh my goodness. Not fun. I can relate. When I get bit I get welts from the bites.

Archived